Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers needs an outside sales professional to serve our customers as a
Territory Manager, Agricultural Division
, ideally based out of
Des Moines, Iowa
What we offer:
Our Territory Managers are the front line of our business, and are directly responsible for the generation of billions of dollars in gross auction proceeds every year. As we grow around the world, there are endless opportunities for strong salespeople to advance their careers – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. And, we’ll help you achieve your own professional goals. Here’s how:
- Base salary & uncapped performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
and Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Company car, laptop, Blackberry, expense account.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
Our Agricultural Division specializes in the unreserved auction of agricultural equipment, real estate and complete farm dispersals. The core of the Territory Manager's job is to secure equipment consignments -- to fill the auction yard with iron:
Here’s what you bring:
- Introduce and sell our services to current and future customers through prospecting, cold calling and account maintenance.
- Assist with equipment appraisals. We’re not brand loyal, so you get to work with it all!
a break from the road and work at the auction, where you can drive
gear, catch bids and network with your customers and colleagues all in
- Encourage potential buyers and sellers to come out to our auctions.
- Monitor the market and your competitors' services, prices, auctions and sales.
- Represent Ritchie Bros. at professional groups and trade shows.
- Work mostly from a home office and on the road.
- 5+ years in a structured outside sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting / exceeding quotas.
- Previous work experience in the agricultural industry is a big asset for this role.
- The ability to travel
nights per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week a few times per year to attend auctions and training.
- You’ll have to maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- You have strong communication skills, especially when it comes to listening.
- You’ve got a head for numbers and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation and closing skills.
- You’re relentlessly driven to seek new business. For you, time behind a desk is time lost.
- You’re competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity to win business.
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
Additional Job Description
Office/Auction Site Location
Des Moines or Minneapolis
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...