Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers needs an outside sales professional to serve our customers as a
in Idaho, ideally based out of
Boise, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls
This territory enjoys a small
customer base as well as big
growth potential for a road warrior with strong skills in forging strong customer relationships.
What we offer:
Our Territory Managers are the front line of our business, and are directly responsible for the generation of billions of dollars in gross auction proceeds every year. As we grow around the world, there are endless opportunities for strong salespeople to advance their careers – we’ve shown this over and over throughout our 55+ years in business. Here’s how:
- Base salary + uncapped performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(k) and Employee Share Plan, both with company matching.
- Company car, laptop, smart phone, expense account.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.
The core of the job is to secure heavy equipment consignments and fill the auction yard with iron. To do this, you’ll work with everyone from sole proprietors and major contractors to rental companies and manufacturers:
- Introduce and sell our services to current and future customers through prospecting, cold calling and account maintenance.
- Assist with equipment appraisals. We’re not brand loyal, so you get to work with it all!
- Take a break from the road and work at the auctions, where you can drive gear, catch bids and network with your customers and colleagues all in one place.
- Encourage potential buyers and sellers to come out to our auctions.
- Monitor the market and your competitors' services, prices, auctions and sales.
- Represent Ritchie Bros. at professional groups and trade shows.
- Work mostly from a home office and on the road.
Here’s what you bring:
years in a structured outside / field sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting / exceeding quotas.
- The ability to consistently travel
nights per week to cover the territory, as well as
1 - 3
weeks at a time a few times per year to attend auctions, off-site auctions and training.
- You’ll have to maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Experience with construction and/or agricultural equipment is a major asset for this role.
- Strong communication skills, especially when it comes to listening.
- A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation and closing skills.
- You’re relentlessly driven to seek new business. For you, time behind a desk is time lost.
- You’re competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity to win business.
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
Office/Auction Site Location
Boise, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls or Pocatello
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...