Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers needs an outside sales professional to serve our customers as a
Territory Manager in the Missouri region,
covering servicing customers in and around
Jefferson City, Columbia, Springfield, and Clinton, Missouri.
The ideal candidate will live in theKansas City area. In this territory you'll cover central and southern Missouri and will attend 6 onsite auctions and 2 offsite auctions each year. This territory enjoys a solid and well established
customer base as well as some big growth potential for someone with strong skills in forging new relationships.
What we offer:
Our Territory Managers are the front line of our business, and are directly responsible for the generation of billions of dollars in gross auction proceeds every year. As we grow around the world, there are endless opportunities for strong salespeople to advance their careers – we’ve shown this over and over throughout our 50+ years in business. Here’s how:
- Base salary + uncapped performance-based bonus.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(k) and Employee Share Plan, both with company matching.
- Company car, laptop, smart phone, expense account.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.
The core of the job is to secure heavy equipment consignments and fill the auction yard with iron. To do this, you’ll work with everyone from sole proprietors and major contractors to rental companies and manufacturers:
- Introduce and sell our services to current and future customers through prospecting, cold calling and account maintenance.
- Assist with equipment appraisals. We’re not brand loyal, so you get to work with it all!
- Take a break from the road and work at the auctions, where you can drive gear, catch bids and network with your customers and colleagues all in one place.
- Encourage potential buyers and sellers to come out to our auctions.
- Monitor the market and your competitors' services, prices, auctions and sales.
- Represent Ritchie Bros. at professional groups and trade shows.
- Work mostly from a home office and on the road.
Here’s what you bring:
- 3 to 5
+ years in a structured outside / field sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting / exceeding quotas.
- The ability to travel
2 to 3
nights per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week a few times per year to attend auctions and training.
- You’ll have to maintain a valid, clean driver’s license.
- It helps if you have experience around construction equipment.
- Strong communication skills, especially when it comes to listening.
- A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation and closing skills.
- You’re relentlessly driven to seek new business. For you, time behind a desk is time lost.
- You’re competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity to win business.
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...