The Territory Manager is responsible for implementing strategies and tactics to achieve individual sales quotas; for effective territory planning, management, and administration; for providing technical support to physicians and operating room staffs; and developing contacts and effective working relationships that will contribute to sales quota achievement and territory growth. This position is also responsible for remaining up-to-date on surgical procedures and products in order to provide technical support, training, and communication to customers and new hires as needed.
All positions are responsible for following applicable AMS policies and procedures as defined by their manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has Demonstrated competence in all AMS products and procedures.*
- Knowledgeable about the accounts and physicians in the assigned territory.*
- Targets and schedules calls on current and prospective customers.*
- Identifies all competitive accounts/implanters, prioritizes and formulates sales strategy.*
- Effectively develops contacts and working relationships; builds strong rapport with physicians and hospital /office personnel.*
- Achieves forecasted sales quota.*
- Gathers and analyzes key sales and marketing data to determine the most leveragable opportunities in the territory.*
- Implements effective sales and marketing strategies and tactics to achieve sales plan and grow the business.*
- Effectively shares information and ideas, both orally and written with AMS home office and regional sales team
- Writes and submits reports, sales forecasts, and paperwork in a timely fashion.*
- Maintains an accurate database on physicians and hospitals.
- Effectively prioritizes most important work.
- Establishes (weekly) goals, prepares and follows plan.*
- Anticipates problems and sets up contingency plans.
- Uses “down” time effectively.
- Reads and utilizes pertinent literature.
- Effectively trains and communicates technical information to customers as appropriate.
- Aggressively pursues third-party reimbursement problems.*
- Comprehends data from Journal articles and applies knowledge through use of proof sources in calls, maintains file of technical briefs
- Effectively trains and communicates technical information to customers and new hires as appropriate.
- Keeps territory at or under budget, operates as “business manager” for the territory.
- Four to eight years of successful sales experience, medical device preferred
- Urological experience, surgical and physician preference sales experience, product knowledge, and exposure to marketing strongly preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
- Demonstrated mastery of effective sales concepts, principles, and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective sales skills and tools to structure and maximize the outcome of sales calls.
Purchasing American Medical Systems' products could make a few of us blush, but they are important nonetheless. AMS is a leading maker...