Pioneering Therapies, Transforming Lives . What does it mean to be part of the Thoratec Team? It means working in a fast-paced environment that inspires you. It means collaborating on projects that literally save patients' lives. We have a Territory Manager job opportunity (this role will be based in New York Metro). This position will work as part of our innovative Sales team.
The New York Metro Territory Manager will be responsible for all aspects of account: revenue, revenue growth, customer support and satisfaction within the assigned geography. The Territory Manager is responsible for organizing and executing the necessary activities and resources required for maintaining and growing the Thoratec Mechanical Circulatory Support (MCS) business within assigned accounts and geography. The Territory Manager position works collaboratively with Thoratec: Clinical Consultants, Market Development Managers, Center Development Managers, Training and Education, Technical Support, Reimbursement, and Customer Service. The Territory requires travel within assigned geography, and reports to the Region Manager.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Achieve sales targets as outlined in the SIP and Vital Few.
- Effective and timely management of business process, including customer contract negotiation, price quotes, customer complaints, monthly reports, TAP's, Blue Sheets, Partnership Summary, SFA, RMA, expense management and Concur expense reporting.
- Effective communication and collaboration with: Territory Team (Clinical, Market Development), Training and Education, Center Development, Reimbursement, Technical Services, Customer Service, Marketing and Field Management Team.
- Targeted approach to growing your business and achieving sales targets. Demonstrate effective: account assessment, forecasting, and strategic planning utilizing the Strategic Selling Sales Methodology.
- Ensure customer Satisfaction.
- Clinical knowledge of all Thoratec Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) system to support cases as needed.
- Awareness of and adherence to Advamed guidelines.
- Understanding and application of hospital administration, purchasing and reimbursement policies.
- Region wide project involvement.
- Establishes outstanding customer relationships and shows the highest degree of professional behavior at all times.
- Responsible for initiating account contacts, conducting high level of sales call activity, providing clinical and technical support/guidance to customers. Maintains regular contact with current and potential accounts in the assigned territory.
- Actively participates in the communication of concepts and ideas, which prove of benefit to the sales and customer support efforts. Prepares territory budget and revenue forecast for approval and inclusion into the annual sales plan. Provides field input into all aspects of the strategic and tactical planning process and submits forward looking projections of sales for internal inventory forecasting.
- Serves as a corporate liaison working closely with Region Directors, Senior Management, Marketing, Training & Education, Research & Development, Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Reimbursement, Customer Service, and Technical Service and as appropriate other departments to provide the highest level of service to customers.
- Monitors and reports on all relevant activity, sales calls, calendar, and sales to objective by account within the assigned geography. Provides necessary input for the timely preparation and submission of formal offers and price quotes to qualified accounts and provides timely and factual feedback on market participant activities within the assigned geography.
- Completes sales and expense reports as requested by management in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy, maintains planning calendar and completes all additional documentation requested by management on time.
- Protects and acts responsibly toward all company equipment, confidential information and effectively manages expense budget. Provides support at Tradeshows as requested by management.
- Immediately reports to Regulatory Affairs and as appropriate Technical Services of any product failures or customer complaints, and provides timely reporting through established processes.
- Shares concepts and ideas on product improvement and potential new accessories with Research and Development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Additional Qualifications :
- Bachelor degree in relevant field of study required. MBA preferred. Five years of medical device sales experience required within Cardiovascular or Cardiology field.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the territory (approximately 50% travel will be required).
- Must be able to work effectively from a home office base and be self-sufficient providing the majority of own typing, filing, and communications responsibility.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Understanding of hospital account management and proven ability to establish strong customer relationships is required.
Why Work for us?
- Knowledge of assigned area is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills desired.
For more than 30 years, Thoratec has been committed to developing advanced medical technologies to improve patient survival and quality of life. Thoratec provides the broadest mechanical circulatory support portfolio to treat the full range of clinical needs. From acute to chronic heart failure, Thoratec offers proven device-based therapies to provide a new beginning for patients and their families. We value people who are passionate about collaboration, creativity, and quality. We give back to our community and help people live healthy lifestyles through support, education, involvement, and participation.
Thoratec employs more than 800 people worldwide. We are based in Pleasanton, California, with facilities in Burlington and Waltham, Massachusetts; Sunnyvale and Rancho Cordova, California; Gainesville, Florida; Cambridgeshire, UK; and Zurich, Switzerland.
Thoratec Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thoratec Corporation - 11 months ago
Thoratec Corporation (Thoratec) is a manufacturer of mechanical circulatory support products for use by patients with heart failure (HF)....