The Prostate Health Surgical Territory Manager is responsible for implementing strategies and tactics to achieve individual sales quotas and driving utilization of AMS BPH and other laser prodcuts; for effective territory planning, management, and administration; for providing technical support to physicians and office staffs; and developing contacts and effective working relationships that will contribute to sales quota achievement and territory growth. This position is also responsible for remaining up-to-date on office based procedures and products in order to provide technical support, training, and communication to customers and new hires as needed.
All positions are responsible for following applicable AMS policies and procedures as defined by their manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Plan Achievement*
Planning & Communication*
- Knowledgeable about the accounts and physicians in the assigned territory.*
- Targets and schedules calls on current and prospective customers.*
- Identifies all competitive accounts, prioritizes and formulates sales strategy.*
- Effectively develops internal/external working relationships; builds rapport with physicians and office personnel.*
- Achieves forecasted sales quota.*
- Gathers and analyzes key sales and marketing data to determine the most leveragable opportunities in the territory.*
- Implements effective sales and marketing strategies and tactics to achieve sales plan and grow the business.*
- Effectively shares information and ideas, both orally and written with AMS home office and regional sales team on a timely and responsive basis
- Writes and submits reports, sales forecasts, and paperwork in a timely fashion.*
- Maintains an accurate database on physicians and offices.
- Supports local, regional and national physician education activities and trade shows as assigned
- Effectively prioritizes most important work.
- Establishes (weekly) goals, prepares and follows plan.*
- Anticipates problems and sets up contingency plans.
- Uses “down” time effectively.
- Has demonstrated competence in all AMS products and procedures.*
- Effectively trains and communicates technical information to customers as appropriate.
- Aggressively pursues third-party reimbursement problems, works collaboratively with Health Care Affairs.*
- Reads and utilizes pertinent literature, comprehends data from journal articles and applies knowledge through use of proof sources in calls, maintains file of technical briefs
- Effectively trains and communicates technical information to customers and new hires as appropriate.
- Keeps territory expenses at or under budget, operates as “business manager” for the territory.
- Primarily responsible for Laser Fibers and TMX consels and catheters
- Dedicated to selling procedure and competitive selling
- Deep Clinical expertise and highly effective case support
- Training new users and developing current users
- Builds relationships with AMS counterparts, mobile providers and customers
- Drives Market Development (GO) programs
- Work in close partnership with Implantable TMs
- Works in close partnership with capital TM as surgical TM needs boxes to drive procedure
- Service orientated and customer centric
- 3 plus years of successful sales experience, medical device preferred
- Urology experience, capital or office based equipment, surgical and physician preference sales experience, product knowledge, and exposure to marketing strongly preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of effective sales concepts, principles, and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective sales skills and tools to structure and maximize the outcome of sales calls.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required
- Lift/carry 30 pounds; sit/stand/walk 6-8 hours day; operate moving vehicle
- Environmental Exposures: eye protection, infectious disease, and radiation.
- Must be able to be in a hospital, clinic, operating room, and other settings to meet with customers.
American Medical Systems - 10 months ago
Purchasing American Medical Systems' products could make a few of us blush, but they are important nonetheless. AMS is a leading maker...