POSITION REPORTS TO: AgDirect Regional Vice President
Territory Managers AgDirect are responsible for marketplace development of the AgDirect program through a focused balance of customer service and sales efforts targeted at farm equipment/fixture dealers and manufacturers. Territory Managers AgDirect provide support for marketplace office staff and Agri-Business officers regarding AgDirect products and marketing efforts. Work in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
Incumbents will work at the Corporate Office in Omaha, Nebraska.
Incumbents will work at the Retail Office in appropriate marketplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
All Levels – (unless otherwise specified)
Additional duties for Levels 22, 24:
- Responsible for market development and growth of the Association's AgDirect loan and leasing products with agricultural equipment & fixture dealers and manufacturers.
- Facilitate the sales process by providing financing options and sales counseling directly to end-customers (farmers/ranchers) in cooperation with dealership/mfr sales team, including coordination of the closing between dealer/manufacturer and the customer.
- Responsible for obtaining additional information when needed on pending applications, scanning the information and forwarding communication to the appropriate teams.
- Initiate and execute financing agreements with AgDirect dealers and prospects.
- Accountable for servicing and cross-selling AgDirect dealers in assigned territory.
- Coordinate with lending officers and Agri-Business officers to identify potential AgDirect customers. Provide officers with current AgDirect information and provide training on programs' processes and procedures, as necessary.
- Conduct training for AgDirect products and processes with agricultural manufacturers and equipment dealers. In addition, conduct marketing and training seminars to end-user farm and ranch customers.
- Coordinate local, regional, and national trade shows to develop the marketplace and generate accounts.
- Accountable for growth and development of new markets outside of FCSA territory adhering to Farm Credit System Territorial Concurrence guidelines and requirements.
Additional duties for Level 24:
- Ability to serve in mentorship capacity to less experienced AgDirect representatives on either a formal or informal basis.
- Participate in special projects for AgDirect (i.e. workgroups, standardized training for new hires, special program development, etc).
- Responsible for supporting AgDirect-VP in building/maintaining “corporate” relationships in the dealer/manufacturer market.
- Provide back up for other Territory Managers AgDirect as necessary.
Additional functions of the position may include:
- Acquired leadership experience to serve as backup to Vice President-AgDirect. Demonstrate leadership by successfully leading workgroup.
- Demonstrate strong sales and leadership skills in a consistent manner over an extended period of time.
- Consistently meet and exceed new volume goals.
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
ALL LEVELS: Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness, Economics, or Finance required.
Level 20: A minimum of three to five years agriculture lending or related experience in regional sales and territory management within the AgDirect, agricultural, or equipment leasing industry required.
Level 22: A minimum of four to six years agriculture lending or related experience in regional sales and territory management within the AgDirect, agricultural, or equipment leasing industry required. Demonstrated ability to effectively perform the functions of the job with moderate leader involvement.
Level 24: A minimum of seven to nine years agriculture lending or related experience in regional sales and territory management within the AgDirect, agricultural, or equipment leasing industry required. Demonstrated ability to effectively perform functions of the job with limited leader guidance and assistance.
Duties for all levels require:
- Thorough working knowledge of Farm Credit Services including policies, procedures, and regulations preferred.
- Proficient in AgDirect on-line system and related tools and ability to train dealers to utilize on-line system.
- Understanding of agricultural production from education or experience.
- Demonstrated competence in marketing, territory management, decision-making and problem solving.
- Must possess advanced sales skills and proven results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
- Proficient in Windows environment.
AgDirect Processing Team, Inside Sales Representatives, Territory Managers AgDirect, and marketplace office leaders/teams and Agri-Business teams. Agricultural equipment & fixture dealers, manufacturers, leasing industry contacts, farmer/rancher customers and prospects, other Farm Credit System organizations.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to operate telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
- Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, and the public at all levels.
- Ability to use a keyboard and computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities (50-75% with frequent overnight travel).
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Services of America - 2 years ago
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial...