Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Independent Pet Brand Sales Organization, a division of Central Garden & Pet, is a leading innovator, marketer, and producer of super premium pet products. Our Pet Distribution Segment is searching for a Territory Manager to join our team based out Houston, TX.
The Territory Sales Manager will grow profitable sales, make regularly scheduled in- person sales calls to approximately 30 to 50 established retail accounts throughout a specific territory while actively seeking to develop new customers, and will manage branded/vendor partner products while aiding retailers in overall ordering and account management.
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
- Establishes sales goals, with the assistance of the Sales Manager, for both customers and vendors. Reviews them quarterly and works to achieve them daily.
- Manages and processes customers' orders in a timely manner via hand held unit or company website.
- Regularly communicates promotions, specials, new items, and focused sales programs with customers. This includes any internal or AR questions that need to be addressed.
- Processes credits and returns weekly, insuring that the customers' accounts are always current and that the returns are legitimate. Communicates with the appropriate parties involved on any issues that arise.
- Visits all customers, in person, on a regular weekly/bi-weekly (or if approved monthly) basis. Works a regularly scheduled and routine account call list.
- Submits orders, provides accurate pricing, processes credits/returns, and follows up on any AR questions. Works proactively to keep customers receivables in good shape and works with both the customer and the AR department to reconcile any pending issues.
- Treats customers as long term partners and works to profitably build both parties businesses.
- Actively pursues new accounts. Follows up on all activities related to setting up and building relationships with new accounts.
- Follows up with vendors, customers, Central Pet management, and other team members in a timely manner.
- Checks email twice daily for orders and important company information. Responds promptly to calls for action.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3-5 years Sales or Marketing experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license, valid car insurance, economical and reliable transportation.
- Work is performed largely in customer stores
- Hours of work will generally be during regular customer business hours
- Weekend work required as needed
- There will be variation in work hours due to employee and customer schedules, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns
CENTRAL GARDEN & PET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Central Garden & Pet - 8 months ago
Central Garden & Pet is happy to help with both pets and pests. The company is among the largest US producers and distributors of lawn,...