The Territory Manager is responsible for the sales of aquatic and pet products to dealers and distributors in the Independent Retail Market within a specific regional territory. This person represents and sells numerous manufacturers’ products to the store decision maker; provides product knowledge at the retail level; as well as attends various trade shows and other related functions. A significant amount of travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Call on Top 60 stores in the territory with provided promotions
• Maintain and complete an 8-week cycle of sales calls
• Complete ride alongs with Distributor Reps
• Builds successful relationships with clients, buyers, dealers, distributors, and vendors
• Identifies, capitalizes, and develops new opportunities
• Work within established budget
• Participates in strategic/tactical planning
• Record all pertinent information in Customer Relations Management system
• Participates in required training via CLA University as well as with Vendors
• Attend various trade shows, which entails setting up booth(s), interacting/selling products; and then dismantling booth(s)
• Organize travel schedule
Supervision of Employees
• Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations.
• Professional demeanor, solid phone skills and ability to write effective and accurate business letters/e-mails.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Ability to manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays and/or unexpected events
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills – must be able to juggle multiple priorities seamlessly and manage heavy workloads at times.
• Ability to thrive in a deadline-focused environment
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Comfortable around animals.
• Ability to work additional hours as required by demanding workload
• Solid computer kills including MS Office; particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Travel is up to 80% and/or three days a week
• Experience with the retail industry
• Experience within the aquatics/pet industry
Chuck Latham Associates, Inc. - 30+ days ago
CLA was founded in 1984 by Chuck Latham as a manufacturer's rep specializing in pet specialty and farm and feed in the western U.S....