As an established sales professional, the Territory Manager is responsible for selling company products and services directly or through dealers in assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES : .
Sells all division products directly or via dealers.
Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers directly or in collaboration with dealers to sell the division’s products and/or services.
Develops and implements a sales business plan for the territory in collaboration with marketing and other partners.
Coordinates, sets-up and hosts trade-show/exhibit/seminars/clinical meetings as assigned to build product demand.
Coordinates and conducts meetings and product training sessions with a variety of audiences to build product demand.
Processes customer orders and provides account service to assigned and prospective customers.
Performs other related duties as required.
Responsible for handling/documenting customer complaints.
Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in specified discipline plus 3 years of relevant sales experience or relevant dental industry experience.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills – mathematical skills to understand pricing, discounts, commission structures, etc.
- Problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of computer systems and software
- Proven track record of success as defined by:
- continuous achievement of sales targets
- new customers added each year of experience
- positive customer testimonials
- promoted one time since initial sales position
- Salesperson of the year,” “Rookie of the year,” or other type awards
- Relationship builder – good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the dental business gained through familiarity of laboratories, dental technicians.
- Valid drivers license
- Demonstrated ability to achieve targeted sales quotas over 12 or more month rolling average.
- Ability to meet divisional goals and key performance objectives/activities in accordance with established competencies and standards of behavior.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and often sits for long periods of time either operating an automobile. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent normally works in office or laboratories. Frequently is driving an automobile. Exposure to noise, dust, etc. is minimal.
DENTSPLY International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
DENTSPLY International Inc. (DENTSPLY) is a designer, developer, manufacturer and marketer of a range of products for the dental market. The...