Horizon Pharma, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that is developing and commercializing innovative medicines to target unmet therapeutic needs in arthritis, pain and inflammatory diseases. Horizon seeks candidates who are passionate, experienced and driven to exceed expectations. Horizon offers ambitious compensation, extensive benefits including health, dental and vision, vacation and more.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Maximizes revenue and market share of Horizon Pharma products in territory and achieves/exceeds sales targets. Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of the product, market and customers.
- Manages sales territory as a business to maximize sales. Analyzes the market dynamics to ensure territory sales goals are met. Develops and implements own territory business plan in line with corporate strategy and works within agreed budgets. Establishes and manages high quality customer relationships by maintaining knowledge of brand sales messaging, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Makes compelling and persuasive sales calls to designated customers resulting in sales of Horizon products.
- Sells products ethically and in accordance with the company’s sales process and agreed marketing strategy. Adheres to all company and industry guidelines. Continuously develops and improves product knowledge, communication and selling skills through self learning and active participation in agreed training programs.
- Establishes and executes strategies required within a branded generic selling environment that will protect business generated
- The employee will be responsible for developing and implementing his/her own business plan .
- This position also needs to work with Horizon Clinical Field Personnel and Managed Markets Personnel.
- Must own a presentable late model vehicle that must be tobacco product free during business hours with valid comprehensive insurance and must possess a valid driver’s license. Requires valid credentials to work in the U.S.
- Position requires the ability to travel in short and long distances in a car or airplane, ability to lift weights up to 20 pounds, and some physical rigors are required such as arranging and carrying items from an automobile, mobility between office locations and setup of a theater style room for professional presentations
- Must be able to store pharmaceutical product samples in a safe and PDMA compliant area within home office.
Essential Core Competencies :
- BA/BS required from 4 year accredited institution.
- 2+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience preferred.
- Documented Regional rankings in top 15% year over year
- Highly persuasive selling skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Maintaining a safe driving record.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Previous B2B selling experience required.
- Strong preference for branded generic sales experience.
- Strong preference for relationships with existing customer base.
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Priority Setting
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Drive For Results
- Dealing With Ambiguity