Responsible for consigning equipment to IronPlanet’s Featured Auctions and Daily Marketplace from end-users, dealers and other sellers. Includes building strong relationships with customers and managing the IronPlanet presence in your respective area of responsibility, appraising packages of equipment and attending trade shows - all while following IronPlanet’s sales force guidelines.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with buyers and sellers within a state or other defined area.
- Manage all interactions with a diverse client and supplier base to increase sales revenue.
- Identify and solicit equipment to sell in online auctions.
- Assist in negotiations and pricing process.
- Will be called upon to address and handle national accounts as required.
Education and Experiences:
- Minimum of 2-3 years successful outside sales and customer service experience in the heavy equipment industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sales ability including following established rules of engagement.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Must be persistent, energetic, and entrepreneurial.
- Good grasp of computer skills and the internet.
- Auction experience a plus.
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis, including overnights in hotels.
- An attractive base salary plus commission as well as stock options.