Ever since its origins, Spartan Tool has focused on selling directly to the end users of our equipment. We think this offers significant benefits to our customers. Today we have dozens of Territory Managers employed throughout the United States who routinely call on drain cleaners, plumbers, maintenance staffs, municipalities and other customers, showing up at the customer's door with a truck or van filled with equipment and parts, so that we can satisfy a customer's requirements right on the spot. This also allows us to engage the customer and determine exactly what the customer's needs are, be it equipment, training, repairs or just an outside perspective or grain of wisdom that our Territory Managers might have gleaned over the course of their travels.
Our Territory Managers have a substantial background in the plumbing industry, and many are former drain cleaners or Master Plumbers themselves. The credibility and knowledge of having been in the trenches themselves allows our Territory Managers a unique perspective on the equipment, and more importantly how to make money using it. This direct-to-the-customer, consultative selling approach has yielded the dividend of close, personal knowledge of the challenges and opportunities that face the drain cleaning market.
The successful candidate must possess knowledge in the sewer and drain industry along with strong communication skills. Develop and manage territory using geographic targeting to build professional relationships with the end users, including, but not limited to- Institutional, Commercial, Contractors, and Municipalities.
- Understanding of the plumbing and /or sewer and drain cleaning industry is required.
- Mechanically inclined and independent
- Solid organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of environments.
- High degree of integrity and the ability to quickly develop customer relationships required.
- Demonstrated ability to use personal productivity enhancing tools, including laptop computers, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, and contact management software.
- Technical product knowledge preferred relevant to the markets served, including but not limited to, plumbing supplies, sewer and drain cleaning equipment, industrial maintenance supplies.
- Willingness and ability to learn to perform field repairs, as needed.
- Possess and maintain satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to routinely work any hours necessary to complete the sale or assist the customer.
- Base salary and commissions
- Comprehensive benefit package, including 401K
- Company Truck
- Full expense reimbursement program
- Laptop, dell tablet and cell phone
- Product training
- World class products
- Repeat business
- Personal freedom and independence
Equal Opportunity Employer-M/F/V/D
Comp plan includes salary, commission, bonus
Spartan Tool, LLC - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -