NOTE: This position will be based in the Southern California market.
Successfully implement Exmark sales and marketing initiatives within the sales channel, particularly to achieve a market share leadership position and ensure dealer compliance with Exmark expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Meets or exceeds stated sales objectives for AOR (area of responsibility)
* Maintains a sound business relationship with professional, goal-oriented and financially capable dealers will focus on the Exmark brand and grow market sale annually.
* Works closely with dealer personnel to create powerful and energetic promotional initiatives to meet or exceed annual sales objectives.
* Endeavor to maintain sufficient whole goods inventory, service parts and accessories in dealer stock to assure sales objectives can be achieved.
* On an annual basis, assist each dealer within AOR in preparing an annual business/activity plan. This management tool will serve as a sales and marketing blueprint to be utilized throughout the upcoming fiscal year. Business/activity plan will be reviewed quarterly with appropriate dealer personnel and action plans formulated for the preceding quarter.
* Conducts product and sales training meetings for distributor personnel as required utilizing the latest sales tools, e.g., DVD’s, Exmark University, PIG (product information guide).
* Successfully communicate and implement all Exmark initiatives and expectations to assigned dealer network. Exmark Territory Manager must ensure all dealers are on the same page with Exmark and completely understand dealer growth manual, product line, marketing initiatives, Exmark finance, and product availability.
* Conducts sales and product training for Exmark dealerships as required, assuring they have proper knowledge to sell and service all Exmark products.
* Timely communicates with Exmark management channel issues, appropriate competitive information, and other prompted responses utilizing CRS.
* At the request of Exmark management, facilitates, negotiates, and resolves specific issues involving dealers and retail customers.
* Acting on behalf of Exmark, assists management in the implementation of appropriate actions to remedy specific issues.
* Represents Exmark at assigned trade shows, AOR dealer functions, training conferences held at Exmark, and other non-AOR events when required.
* Provides required business and administrative reports utilizing appropriate and approved avenues as required by Exmark management. Each submission should be forwarded on a timely basis and be factually accurate.
* Participate in scheduled quarterly TM reviews, business planning sessions, and a variety of Exmark sponsored meetings as determined by Exmark management.
* Identify and apply Lean methodologies to ensure processes are scientifically controlled and continuously improved.
Must enjoy building and cultivating long term business relationships. Must have mechanical aptitude and orientation. Must be willing to travel and spend considerable overnights and some weekends away from home. Must be willing to trailer, load, unload and demonstrate equipment. Must be self-motivated and fast-paced individual. Does require extensive computer interface utilizing MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and mapping software. Candidates must also possess a valid driver's license.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; or two to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The Toro Company - 19 months ago