Tyco Fire Protection Products (TFPP) is a business unit of the Tyco Fire & Security Division, one of three business segments in Tyco. We are a worldwide leader in saving lives and protecting property with our broad portfolio of chemical and water products as well as mechanical products for the fire protection and building products industries. Within TFPP we design, manufacture, and distribute the highest quality products with market leading features for the Commercial, Residential, Storage, HVAC/Plumbing, Food Service, Petroleum Oil & Gas, Mining, Marine and other markets. TFPP is a recognized leader in researching new technologies and developing innovative solutions for our customers. The business unit has approximately 4,500 employees with 27 manufacturing plants and 46 Distribution Branches in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Latin America, and the US. TFPP is headquartered in Lansdale, PA.
TFPP is currently hiring a Territory Manager to support the Portland Oregon Territory. The Territory Manager will be covering the Oregon, Southern Idaho, SW Washington, and South-Central Washington as well. The Territory Manager would have responsibility for achieving sales and margin goals for the territory.
Responsibilities of the Territory Manager are in alignment with Sales targets, regional growth opportunities, leading edge sales team practices and behaviors this position:
- Analyzes region's new business opportunities, develops sales plans and executes planned action steps in order to acquire new business in line with Company strategies and growth objectives.
- Coordinate with company engineers, contractors, facility owners and Wholesale Distributors in order to define product specification and to ensure 100% acceptance of products by owners and distributors.
- Presents products to customers to accomplish Customer acceptance of the value-added proposition attached to the Company's products and its services, and to achieve sale closures on terms that are mutually satisfactory to the Customer and the Company.
- Develops annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans detailing concepts and actions necessary to achieve business growth opportunities consistent with the company's growth objectives.
- Participates with other Regional sale colleagues in sharing marketing intelligence about product opportunities that will grow sales.
- Coordinates new and repeat sales through Wholesale Distributors to ensure 100% customer satisfaction with the Company's order fulfillment process.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers at all levels to ensure 100% account retention.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
Education and Experience:
4 + years of sales or sales management experience within a related field desirable.
The individual must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to speak well in public is required
Strong leadership characteristics
Strong mechanical aptitude is required
Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
Individual must be capable of understanding and maintaining confidential information at the Regional Sales Manager level and customer level
Tyco Fire Protection Products offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) with company match.
Tyco is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Tyco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sales/Business Development/Sales Admin
TFPP - Americas
Apr 10, 2013
Tyco - 15 months ago
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...