The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible to drive business growth, maximize profitability and ensure the quality of member service.
- Business Performance: Take ownership and drive the business of the territory.
- Responsible for growing territory attendance, increasing profit margins and managing capital expenditure (expenses) and budget.
- People Management & Leadership: Actively select, manage, develop and support the Service Providers. Lead the Service Provider recruitment and selection processes. Build and develop a motivated and committed team.
- Ensure that Service Providers deliver superior service resulting in member success and attendance. Manage and develop Leaders. Identify learning needs and skills/knowledge gaps of Leaders. Providing effective and motivational performance feedback.
- Meeting Management and Member Experience: Improve meeting quality and success through continual meeting analysis, staff assessment/development and effective collaboration within field operations. Responsible for member satisfaction, building successful meetings in new markets, local promotions and responding to member feedback.
- Selection of new locations and execution of opening meetings based on company guidelines and criteria. Facilitate resolution of local real estate issues.
- Required to be in the field 70% of the time identifying and executing against business opportunities and working with Service Providers.
- TM job priorities and functions may vary by territory type (i.e. rural, urban, suburban)
- Performance management of all Service Providers with focus on new and business driving staff members
- Annual performance discussion with all business drivers
- Observation, diagnosis, and guidance of all Leaders based on a performance management plan for all staff within the territory. At a minimum, the plan should include the following:
- Identification of business drivers and how/when observation, assessment and feedback will occur
- Schedule for observation, assessment and feedback for new Leaders and a specific training plan for this key group to ensure skill acquisition
- Identify, deploy, monitor and leverage mentors
- At Work (AW) Line of Business
- Use territory team and other contacts to identify sales leads for Corporate Account Managers (CAMs) and assist CAMs in providing excellent service to AW clients to increase renewal rates
- Ensure availability and quality of staff to accommodate AW meeting requests
- Observation, diagnosis and guidance of staff in AW meetings
- Identify areas where skills are deficient and ensure AW leaders are scheduled into training as appropriate (i.e. renewal skills training, merchandising and product sales training, etc.)
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity for growth in territory and work with CAM to establish meetings in those areas
- In-depth understanding of territory real estate market and trends
- Work with District Manager and Corporate Management on annual strategic real estate plan
Key Skills & Behaviors
- Strong leadership and training skills with a hands-on approach that empowers staff while providing support for their development needs
- Ability to analyze business and create reports for management
- An eye for talent and skilled at placing the right Service Provider in the right environment
- The ability to champion people by recognizing and celebrating success and motivate staff by giving regular and constructive feedback
- Strategic thinking skills with a strong business and sales acumen and superior analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to be decisive, results-oriented and solve problems professionally, knowing when to escalate an issue
- Flexibility and availability to work weekends and travel
- Prior management experience (3-5 years)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- College degree preferred
Maintenance of weight within two pounds of the Body Mass Index (BMI) healthy
weight goal range
We’re proud to be an industry leader in health and wellness, helping people lose weight, transform their lives and enjoy the foods...