The position will generate leads and sales opportunities for selling Meru’s Wireless LAN solutions. This includes identifying strategic business opportunities within a defined area in order to generate revenue; coordinating all aspects of the sales cycle; as well as maintain and expand the customer base. In this key role, the employee will audit standards and procedures within the territory to enhance productivity and ensure operations efficiencies for potential accounts.
Skills & Experience:
- Implement Meru’s strategy sales process on a territory level, identify new business opportunities, maintain key relationships as well as negotiate to close business deals.
- Generate enterprise business opportunities and managing the process from lead generation through closure of installation.
- Create and implement strategic account plans focused on attaining enterprise-wide deployments of Meru products and services.
- Develop executive relationships with key buyers and influencers and leverage these during the buying process.
- Coordinate with appropriate internal groups to generate and deliver winning Contract Bids, Proposals, RFI/RFP Responses, and Statements of Work. Negotiate terms of business with clients to achieve win/win results that provide the basis for strong ongoing relationships.
- Understand, develop and build a territory sales plan ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual business targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Understand and convey key sales issues facing distributors, resellers and customers. Recruit and manage channel partners including Distributors/Re-Sellers/Systems Integrators.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process to secure new customers:
- canvassing and cold calls
- executive interviews
- line manager presentations
- product demonstrations
- discussion of papers and proposals
- negotiation and close
- Develop and plan marketing activities or campaigns within a territory.
- Maintain sufficient activity levels to achieve target and build appropriate pipelines to achieve sales targets for the coming four quarters.
Note: This position will ideally be located in Columbus, OH and the territory is OH/KY.
- 7+ years of solution and service based sales experience within a networking hardware and/or related high technology business environment with an emphasis on selling network solutions to health care, education, or retail markets.
- Minimum 3 years selling enterprise network products and services, preferably with wireless experience.
- Candidates will be highly motivated and have extensive experience in successfully selling large ticket solutions in their territory.
- Excellent knowledge of multiple platforms in correlation with wireless networking, competitors and market landscape is required.
- Candidates must have strong presentation, written and oral communication skills as well as the demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in business, marketing or related discipline preferred.
- Significant travel within a defined area required.
Meru Networks - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard