The mission of Altria Group, Inc. is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria Group is the parent company of Philip Morris USA, the largest cigarette manufacturer in the United States, as well as U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company and John Middleton – recently acquired companies that offer leading brands in the growing moist smokeless tobacco and machine-made cigar categories.
Altria Group Distribution Company’s role is to provide sales, distribution and consumer engagement services for Altria’s tobacco operating companies.
Key among those people, are Territory Sales Managers (TSMs) who are each assigned to a geographic territory with approximately $10 million in annual sales. TSMs are responsible for establishing a consultative relationship with customers as well as selling and implementing sales promotions and programs. In your role as a TSM you will be expected to demonstrate leadership, collaborate and communicate effectively with your assigned accounts’ key decision makers to research, analyze and solve problems and persuasively implement recommendations that contribute to building our mutual businesses. TSMs are expected to be involved, participative members of upbeat, energetic and socially connected work groups called Unit Teams led by a Unit Manager.
Specific Skills We look for people who know how to:
- communicate ideas that influence others * apply & enhance their abilities to evaluate information
- work effectively with customers & other employees * produce innovative, quality results
- plan the use of their time and resources efficiently * understand their impact on a business.
- Product/Inventory Management (variety and depth)
- Placement of point of sale materials
- Presence (location and visibility)
- Promotion (type, quantity, quality, frequency)
- Attendance at National or Regional conferences
- Reset of store fixtures to position Altria product
- Trade/Public support (conventions/community events)
A valid driver's license is essential. We offer a competitive base salary, a bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. We also provide a company vehicle, notebook business computer, and extensive organizational training and development support.
Training: Extensive field training, organizational training and development support. Training includes classroom instruction focusing on developing presentation skills, business analysis, and strategic planning and one on one field training.
Career success at the TSM level can lead to sales management positions at various levels in a variety of geographies and disciplines.
Base Salary: Altria Group Distribution Company offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and educational background.
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Company vehicle
- Highly competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and life insurance, educational refund assistance, paid vacation days, family and work life balance benefits and deferred profit sharing plan.
Performance Appraisals & Salary Reviews: Regular monthly post-training feedback, annual appraisals of performance & annual salary reviews.
Working Environment: Retail/wholesale locations in assigned geography, and office/warehouse facilities during their normal business hours.
Overnight Travel: Periodically as business demands.
Altria Group Distribution Company accepts applications for specific job opportunities via the Internet. To be treated as an applicant and considered for this opportunity, you may access www.cantbeattheexperience.com on the Internet. Altria Group Distribution Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (M/F/D/V). We support diversity in our workforce.