The primary responsibility of this position is to generate revenue by selling and educating potential or existing customers on Bariatric products via face-to-face contact in doctor offices, hospitals, support groups, conferences, and patient events.
• Professionally represent, describe, educate, and train clients (health care professionals and patients) in the assigned territory on products and services with an emphasis on value proposition. Generate business transactions (order) that are consistent with established sales objectives.
• Be available for client contact during customary doctor office business hours as well as during the typical support group hours, at medical and surgical conferences, and at patient events.
• Solicit sales of existing, new or upgraded products and or services and strive to setup every customer on a scheduled reorder program.
• Meet or exceed all performance requirements as established by management with regard to sales and expense objectives on a daily/monthly/quarterly basis.
• Responsible for properly recording client information by entering the data into the company’s ERP system (NetSuite) or by communicating the information to the company’s customer care representative (inside sales) department. Ensure that all customer information is updated and accurate.
• Provide excellent customer service by following up on all sales meetings and conferences, or on projects assigned by management timely and accurately. Respond to customer requests and questions regarding service, products and account information. Utilize the customer care department to maximize support, as needed.
• Research and resolve customer complaints and inquiries quickly and with support of management when necessary. Report any product or customer service issues and or discrepancies to management.
• Make sure that all compliance drivers including customer information for contact forms submitted via fax or email are accounting specific and the end objective is met for both you and the client.
• Bachelors degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four year college.
• Minimum 2 year of commissions or incentives based outside sales experience.
• Microsoft Office.
• On-line systems and tools and customary communication devices.
• Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Write simple correspondence.
• Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Business math: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, fractions, decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have valid driver’s license (in good standing) as well as current auto insurances with acceptable levels of coverage.
Metagenics - 10 months ago