The primary role of the Nutritional Sales Consultant is to utilize effective sales, communication,
organizational and relationship building skills to build long term relationships with satisfied
customers so as to exceed territory sales goals.
· Exceed monthly sales goals every month.
· Needs Analysis: Uses effective questioning techniques to determine the doctor’s needs.
Effectively listens to responses in order to offer the doctor the best solutions.
· Client Development Growth Strategies: Writes an effective strategy for all accounts “C” level
and higher. Includes description of the account and specific activities planned to accomplish
· Relationship Building: Spends sufficient amount of time building trust and good relationships
with customers. Identifies the doctor’s needs and creates a plan to meet those needs.
· Territory Management/12-week plan: Uses plan effectively in order to meet with accounts on
a regular basis. Specific route is planned four days per week with one open day to visit
customers that were not seen on planned route.
· Product Knowledge: Demonstrates basic product knowledge and uses available resources to
continually increase knowledge.
· Pre-Call Analysis and Planning: Performs a pre-call review with SalesLogix before each call.
Includes a review of current sales, prior notes, growth strategy and product usage.
· Gatekeeper: Effectively identifies gatekeeper at the doctor’s office and creates effective
relationships to gain access to the customer.
· Thirty Second Speech and Follow Up: Speech includes a review of the results of the last sale
made to the doctor, identification of the doctor’s success with the product, pending objectives,
and reinforcement of product benefits.
· Presentations: Delivers an average of 6 presentations high quality face to face a day.
· Objection Resolution: Effectively overcomes objections. Demonstrates effective listening
skills and asks follow-up questions to ensure clear understanding of the objection.
· Closing: Effectively asks for an order after each presentation. Nutritional Consultants should
strive to achieve a minimum of two orders per day.
· Scheduling Appointments: Consistently obtains future appointments by effectively asking for
a future appointment after each presentation.
· Post-Call Analysis: Analyzes the effectiveness of the call related to the Client Development
Growth Strategy and updates the current plan based on this analysis.
· Nutrition Masters Courses: Plans two classes per month if employed less than one year.
Plans three or more classes per month if employed more than one year.
· Market Share Acquisition: Analyzes each account and effectively acquires increased % of the
doctor’s natural pharmacy. Must make at least one market share presentation per day, or
five per week.
· Prospecting and Referrals: Conducts at least five prospecting calls per week by asking for
referrals from current customers and proactively searching for potential customers.
· New Account Acquisition: Obtains a target of at least two new ordering accounts per month.
First Line Therapy and Centers of Excellence Plan:
· Makes a minimum of five First Line Therapy calls per week.
· Prospecting: FLT candidates will be selected as the consultant works through their Client
Development Growth Strategies.
· Presentations: Delivers effective presentations using professionalism, technical knowledge
with clear presentation of the FLT Program including research, and effective follow up
questions to ensure the doctor’s understanding. Must make at least one FLT/COE
presentations per day or five per week.
· New FLT Certifications: Goal is to have one doctor attend each FLT certification program
offered during the year.
· Implementation: Recruits a minimum of four doctors per year to purchase the FLT
Implementation Specialist services.
· Presentations: Delivers effective presentations regarding upcoming seminars on all
appropriate each call.
· Closing: Asks for the seminar sign up after each presentation.
· Sales: Prepares and properly manages a comprehensive pre and post seminar sales strategy
to maximize seminar sales results.
· Must meet attendance and revenue goals for seminars. .
· Tracks sales activities by updating and syncing SalesLogix each day.
· Attends Company-sponsored sales meetings and seminars (not limited to 8 AM to 5 PM, MF)
· Metagenics sales professionals are committed to their success and understand that this will
require extended work days and sometimes weekends
· Builds long term relationships with customers through honest, ethical behavior that is
consistent with Company values.
· Provides great customer service to build long-term relationships and satisfied customers.
· Maintains a positive, solutions-oriented attitude and interacts with others in a positive,
professional and enthusiastic manner.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this
job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different
positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the
Medicine Sales for account growth and maintenance.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· FirstLine Therapy Lifestyle Educator Certification
Metagenics - 13 months ago
Metagenics, Inc. is a life sciences company and leading developer and manufacturer of science-based nutraceuticals and medical foods sold to...