Basic Purpose and Scope:
The role of the Territory Representative (TR) at IPLogic is to successfully sell Company products and services in line with their respective sales quota and target goals. The TR owns the territory revenue and gross profit quota and ensures successful attainment of the planned goals. The TR’s duties include identifying and properly qualifying client prospects and business opportunities in the territory account customer segment. The TR is expected to engage in activities such as developing and executing a territory account plan with Sales and Business Development Directors as well as line of business leaders and professional services and sales team members.
The TR is responsible for managing both customer and manufacturer or channel partner relationships effectively to the collective benefit of IPLogic, customer and vendor. They must exhibit strong abilities in prospecting and “hunting” for new business in the territory account segment throughout Western New York and Western Pennsylvania. This position requires extensive external focus in understanding and exploiting territory sales opportunities to the benefit of the East sales organization. They will be competent in presenting to influencers and decision makers within an organization and should exhibit fluency in the identification and delivery of value at each stage of the territory customer decision making process. The TR will leverage internal resources to ensure effective preparation and delivery of financial documentation such as customer solution proposals to include ROI calculations, vendor program pricing and profitability modeling. The TR will leverage internal resources to deliver accurate product and services quotes to the territory account customer segment. The TR is responsible for effective time management to ensure successful attainment of the weekly and monthly customer appointment and prospecting goals.
The TR will demonstrate skills in participating in customer negotiations, collaborating with professional services personnel, implementation of the sales process, and understanding business and technology drivers. Individual needs to maintain strong knowledge of territory account market and technology initiatives. The TR will participate in the IPLogic sales process methodology and provide data for measurement of activity and efforts related to prospecting and account management responsibilities. They must provide accurate sales forecasts and reports to management in a timely and consistent manner while behaving in accordance with the mission, vision and values of IPLogic.
The TR is responsible for monitoring key performance indicators of the sales organization. The Territory Representative reports to Vice President of Sales in a timely and consistent manner.
Must work to address customer issues and ensure effective and long term problem resolution. Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Responsible for successfully following sales process for selling of approved product and services in a defined geographic region and/or vertical market.
- Understands performance metrics and develops plan to achieve or exceed quota.
- Provides sales forecasting activity and sets key performance goals accordingly.
- Represents Company at trade shows and Company sponsored events to increase market awareness.
- Successfully complete training/assessment/certification requirements as required.
- Successfully complies with Company vendor/partner relationship strategies where applicable.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Communicate with colleagues, management, customers, vendors and others in a courteous professional manner.
- Conform and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Conform to all safety rules.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Strong presentation, communication, organization and time management skills.
- Must possess experience and ability to develop new customer relationships through activities such as prospecting for new business and leveraging existing relationships to expand market share.
- Must be self driven, motivated and results oriented.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Education and Experience Required:
- CRM reporting experience required.
- Strong computer skills-MS Word, Advanced Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- 4 year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong academic or job performance.
- Team or organizational leadership experience.
IPLogic - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard