Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for a permanent full-time
Territory Sales Support
(TSS) person to join our sales team based in our
location. In this role, you will be responsible for the promotion of Ritchie Bros. by assisting our Territory Managers and prospecting for future business opportunities.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive, initiative and dedication of our people. As we continue to grow around the globe, there are many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 50+ years in business. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance-based bonus and comprehensive benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Laptop, smart phone, expense account.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
As a TSS, you'll work closely with assigned Territory Managers (TM) to assist in all aspects of the customer sales cycle. You will also:
- Make prospecting calls by phone to local businesses and financial and government institutions to generate qualified, prioritized target lead lists.
- Respond to walk-in business and sales-related calls, and redirect to the TM where appropriate.
- Assist TM's with contract negotiation, contract approvals, deal management and customer follow-up.
- Create, qualify and close opportunities.
- Research, identify and follow up on sales leads.
- Develop winning proposals and business justification cases.
- Prepare reports on account status.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Complete administrative duties as assigned by Regional Sales Manager.
Here's what you bring:
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in business, sales & marketing or similar.
- 2+ years in a role where you worked in-person with customers, ideally with related responsibilities.
- Fantastic computer skills, including the ability to master new systems and enter data quickly and accurately.
- The ability to work extended overtime hours and on weekends surrounding auction dates. There are 5 onsite and 5 offsite auctions.
- Flexibility to travel overnight at least 30% of the time within the region.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- The willingness and ability to relocate to facilitate promotion is an asset.
- Outstanding customer service and people skills – you’re confident, outgoing, diplomatic, patient, and a good listener.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
- An obsession with accuracy. No detail escapes your eagle-eye.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
Office/Auction Site Location
Permanent Full Time
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers began as a family business in Kelowna, Canada. Three brothers -- Dave, Ken and John -- conducted their first...