The Test and Evaluation Organization of AMERICAN SYSTEMS currently has an opening for a T&E Analyst to support the Operational Test and Evaluation Force (OPTEVFOR) in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate shall provide technical and programmatic services to support the Test & Evaluation (T&E) of surface combatant and carrier/large deck combat systems programs. The T&E support will primarily focus on land based and at-sea Combat System T&E and may include:
- Test Strategy
- T&E Master Plan Development
- T&E Scheduling
- Test Planning
- Test Execution
- T&E Resources and Services Support
- Strategic Planning & Management
Assisting the Senior Test & Evaluation Analyst with the following:
Modeling & Simulation
- Provide technical support services to ensure the availability of aerial, surface, subsurface targets, and other surrogates.
- Draft annual target requirements for TE test events for submission to aerial and seaborne target allocation authority, submitting updates as required.
- Evaluate and recommend annual target allocations; prepare, maintain and distribute recommended target sub-allocations to T&E programs and test ranges.
- Develop and propose target inventory preservation strategies to support current and future T&E program requirements.
- Recommend target control, scoring, configuration, augmentation and signature requirements; participate in target requirements and development meetings, as directed.
- Recommend resources required to support planned scenarios and assist in developing alternatives when the required resources are not available.
- Prepare and maintain library of relevant threats and associated T&E resources, surrogates, stimulators, and digital models.
- Host Classified Threat Representation Working Group forums to include: coordinating agendas; requesting intelligence updates; confirming participation of subject matter experts; handling the transmission and receipt of classified material; executing appropriate follow-up actions.
- Compare, verify and document target expenditures from field activities and other T&E program users using applicable expenditure reporting programs and databases.
- Provide support in the use of M&S in all areas of T&E to include technical management of the Probability of Raid Annihilation (PRA) Testbed, implementation and use of scoring devices to provide live-fire data to validate models, and use of 3D visualization and analysis tools to display weapons performance results during or post event.
- Recommend technical M&S approaches to: improve M&S consistency across all combat system T&E; evaluate the trade-off between using existing models or conducting live-fire; capture test program requirements and ensure their submittal for inclusion into higher fidelity threat models; foster the re-use of existing models; ensure the availability of threat models.
- Recommend technical approaches to migrate element system models to system-of-systems M&S framework in an efficient manner that fully supports the T&E requirements of multiple ship Classes and combat system configurations.
- Build and support 3D visualization models to display pre-event visualizations, real-time situational awareness displays, and post-event to support reconstructions of radar, weapon system, and other systems under test.
- Employ operations research and design of experiments techniques to all phases of test planning, development and execution to ensure tests and M&S runs satisfy test objectives.
- Provide technical leadership during VV&A of PRA Testbed and other M&S applications supporting T&E to ensure: the applications are capable of replicating specific threats outlined in the Naval Capabilities Document or other applicable documents; support both land based and at sea testing of multiple Ship Classes and combat system configurations; M&S data requirements are submitted for inclusion in T&E strategies; raw data and data analysis products are delivered of M&S issues.
- Coordinate and document VV&A efforts in accordance with DoD guidance and instructions.
- Identify M&S tools that can replicate threat targets not available in the current Navy target inventory or are cost prohibitive for supporting at-sea Developmental Testing (DT) and Operational Testing (OT); create and coordinate V&V documentation and data analysis of the tools to ensure they represent specific threats; provide analysis and recommendations on cost performance trade-offs on parameters, characteristics and signatures; provide the documentation for assessment and an accreditation decision.
AMERICAN SYSTEMS - 15 months ago
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is a government services contractor and one of the largest employed-owned companies in the U.S. AMERICAN SYSTEMS is focused...