Elsevier Technology Services
Basic Job Function: This position has been created to ensure that testing responsibilities are covered for a product or suite of products. The incumbent will report indirectly to the Sr. QA Analyst and take on responsibilities for testing that may include (but not be limited to): test planning and script creation, test execution, defect reporting, results reporting. Experience with automation, load/performance, and security testing a plus, but not necessary.
1. Industry certifications (CSQA, ISTQB, CSTB, Six Sigma, etc.) a plus
2. 4 - 7 years experience in 1 or more testing disciplines with commercial business-oriented software applications
3. Ability to work independently or with a team
4. Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Ability to provide both detail information and also summarize to a management level
7. Tenacity; ability to work through problems and reach a solution
8. Ability to learn large complex systems
9. Ability to work in ambiguous situations
10. Ability to setup and maintain test data
11. Proven problem-solving and technical debugging skills
12. Understanding of software quality management principles (tracking, analyzing, reporting, problem resolution and training)
13. Understanding of software development and maintenance processes and methods.
14. Understanding of project management principles and techniques as they relate to software project planning, implementation and tracking.
15. Flexibility; Ability to be hands-on in different situations
16. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
17. Proficient in the use of commercial QA test tools to include HP Quality Center. HP Loadrunner and HP QuickTest Pro are a plus, but not required.
18. Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment.
19. Ability to work with resources in remote locations if needed.
20. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Accountabilities: The incumbent is accountable for testing deliverables within one or more disciplines, on medium to large sized projects with moderate to high complexity. Specific accountabilities are documented through performance objectives and may include:
1. Provide input to Test Strategies and Test Plans.
2. Design, document, and gain approval for test deliverables
3. Develop Technical Assessments
4. Develop and execute or oversee Test Plans
5. Create and execute test scripts
6. Create/maintain software test deliverables
7. Maintain test data
8. Create and maintain software quality metrics
9. Influence designs or plans to facilitate testing
10. Work with end-users to create and document end-to-end test suites
11. Ability to derive and back into requirements
12. Create and maintain Test Deliverables to ensure compliance to the Test Strategy
13. Create and maintain Test Deliverables to ensure compliance to standards
14. Create and maintain Test Results to validate completion of testing
15. Provide complex customer support and technical communication in support of the tiered customer support model
The incumbent will be instrumental at the department level in:
1. Supporting test efforts for a product or suite of products.
2. Analyzing the results of software quality management activities to recommend and implement process improvements.
3. Analyzing test metrics to determine quality and forecast release readiness.
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Dec 7, 2012, 8:51:26 PM
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...