The Automation Test Analyst Role is a Subject Matter Expert with mid-level experience in both mainframe and distributed automation testing activities to include: planning, design, scripting, execution, debugging and reporting tasks. These activities ensure that the products First Data provides meet or exceed client expectations regarding functional requirements and overall business needs.
Responsible for leading, monitoring, and executing automation test activities for small to medium sized projects. Will be working with the IT and Business community to define the scope of automated testing required. Requires extensive interaction with both the business and development teams to understand the intended system functionality and the necessary information required to create an effective and comprehensive test plan and schedule.
Extensive interaction with the Quality Assurance manual test team during the conversion of manual to automated scripts. Interaction will also occur as automated scripts experience failures during execution by the other teams.
Guides the automation team members on the scripting and execution activities to accomplish the test plan and design requirements.
Post test execution activities include error debugging, reporting needs and internal and external communications.
Fundamental awareness of information systems elements (hardware and software) and their application to business functions/processes is critical to fulfilling this role. Utilization of business, functional and technical expertise is required to effectively develop and execute upon the automation test strategy and planning activities.
Responsible for driving continuous improvement through all TCoE processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
Work with multiple programs/systems on projects of small to moderate complexity, while providing mentoring to less experienced Automation Team members.
Responsible for researching new tools and testing approaches, and executing upon/monitoring the implementation of such items.
Utilization of their analytical capabilities and coding skills will drive efficient and robust automated testing and reporting activities.
Capable of successfully performing the above mentioned tasks with limited supervision/direction.
Demonstrate high productivity and the ability to effectively multi-task across different initiatives.
Performs additional job duties as required.
· 2 – 3 years of professional experience developing robust and reusable automation frameworks.
· Testing experience should encompass test planning, robust scripting and run analysis on small to moderately complex applications. Strong analytical skills are a must. The ability to summarize and communicate metrics to different audience levels is also a key component.
· Experience with configuration management tools such as Harvest (preferred) and CVS.
· Moderate experience with automated testing tools such as Rational Functional Tester (preferred), HP Quality Center, QTP, Silk Test, WinRunner, etc is required. Experience with iTKO Lisa products desired.
· Strong communication, leadership and mentoring capabilities required.
· Experience with estimation and resource planning.
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, including an on/offshore team model.
· Extensive strength in multiple programming languages provides a significant advantage (Java in particular).
· Highly motivated individual with the ability to quickly learn new technologies/products.
First Data - 2 years ago
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting challenges...