GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Test Architect is a highly influential technical leadership role within the Communications & Informatics (C&I) segment of the Monitoring Solutions business. This architect will lead the design & development of Test Strategies for C&I products, applying in-depth knowledge of Product Testing with focus on test automation, technology platforms, architectures and engineering design principles & advancements. Join a dynamic & motivated team developing patient monitoring products and systems.
• Drive the overall Test Strategy for C&I segment with a focus on Test Automation.
• Work closely with Lead System Designers and Software Engineers on design requirements and influence product design for testability including test automation.
• Provide technical leadership and strategic direction to the testing organization/function.
• Lead evaluation and selection of off-the-shelf test tools, automation products and equipment.
• Lead deployment of Agile Testing methodologies including Test-Driven design.
• Manage test design synergy including automation across multi-generation product releases.
• Identify beneficial state of the art testing best practices and champion their use on relevant software programs.
• Review, recommend, and implement process improvement techniques to increase test quality, improve test productivity, and streamline processes.
• Conduct or lead independent reviews of Test Coverage and Test Strategies on product programs
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Excellent technical skills with 7+ years of progressive experience as a tester or software developer including lead roles that includes 3+ years of experience designing automated test tools.
• Experience with defining strategies for both functional testing and load/performance stress testing including automated results checking and concurrent client access testing.
• Experience with defining System Level Testing strategy for a distributed service architecture such as web based systems, database applications, and multi-tier systems
• Experience with automating testing of client and web based user interfaces via button simulation or system interface testing
• Demonstrated experience with software architectural design and/or testing architecture
• Demonstrated experience leading implementation of Test Automation for a complex product/system
• Experience with Programming & Scripting languages such as: Java, C++, Ruby, BASH, Perl
• Experience in globally distributed environment working with remote teams
• Demonstrated technical domain knowledge by being current on Testing Design principles, architectures and advancements in the industry
• Proven ability to solve challenging problems and deliver timely and high quality design solutions when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands, and technical risks.
• Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology.
• Effective communication skills and boundary less behavior—ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
• Demonstrated organizational, functional, and leadership expertise to lead project teams or initiatives.
• Ability and willingness to travel 10-15% (both Domestic and International)
• Must be willing to work in our Milwaukee, Wisconsin OR Bangalore India facility full-time.
• Must be willing to submit to a drug test, and background check – to include verification of previous employment, criminal history and educational background.
• Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and development environments
• 8-10 years of experience in Software Testing or Development, preferably leading a test or tools team
• Demonstrated experience in Test automation design, Test Driven Design, Acceptance Testing, Continuous Delivery, Release Management & Agile Testing/Development
• Demonstrated experience implementing Test Automation for System Products in medical devices industry
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple and global engineering and product teams and disciplines
• Outstanding communication, facilitation and influencing skills
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
• Collaborative leadership skills - exhibits willingness to engage other business partners within the organization, is innovative, creative and a team player with a solution-based approach to capture opportunities and remove barriers
• Clear Thinker - Strong decision making skills: takes proactive steps to generate results, uses data and other inputs to make decisions, owns decision, and takes accountability for work using strong organizational and analytical skills.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 23 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...