TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER - NO Visa candidates
San Francisco, CA
We’re currently looking for a talented Test Automation Engineer to join our vibrant downtown San Francisco office. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing QA automation projects targeted at web and mobile platforms, where we employ the following technologies:
• iOS & Android: Objective C / Java; MonkeyTalk
• Web (Desktop & Mobile): Selenium2, Wiki Markup
• Continuous Integration: Bamboo
This position will share QA responsibilities for regularly testing and evaluating Blackboard Mobile products and interfacing with Product and Development. We’re looking for someone to expand our existing testing tools and drive them forward, so having a self-starting attitude and a big-picture mindset is essential!
• 3+ years professional experience with hands-on software testing, in a QA testing role or software development capacity.
• At least 1 year of experience testing or developing on mobile devices, testing native apps on iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch) and/or Android.
• Proven work experience with Selenium (and WebDriver).
• Experience testing or developing web-based applications.
• Experience in writing test cases, bug reporting, test execution, and reporting test status.
• Knowledge of software development life cycle as well as common testing methodologies. Agile experience is a plus.
• Strong English communication (written and oral) skills; capable of conducting technical discussions.
• Self-instilled initiative and a sense of ownership for your projects.
• Proven experience working in small, cross-functional teams. Start-up experience is a plus!
• Eligibility to work in the United States without current or future sponsorship.
• Proficiency with the one or more of the following technologies:
• Objective C, Java, MonkeyTalk
• Experience with Jira
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related area of study.
• Understanding of RESTful web services, web front-end, or back-end development experience.
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc., a global leader in enterprise technology and innovative solutions that improve the experience of millions of students and faculty of academic institutions around the world. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile solutions that leverage powerful components of various mobile devices. Some of our products include:
Allowing students and faculty to access teaching and learning wherever and whenever they want through a variety of mobile devices. As a native app for iOS and Android, Mobile Learn extends and enriches the course experience of Blackboard Learn, the leading web-based teaching and learning platform.
With Mosaic, universities and schools can build a powerful, native app for their institution in a matter of hours with little to no engineering experience. Apps produced by Mosaic keep our clients' students engaged, strengthen alumni connections, and introduce their institutions to prospective students.
Some of our Great Benefits
• San Francisco office in the heart of Jackson Square – surrounded by North Beach & the FiDi.
• Competitive salary, Full benefits, 401K matching.
• Flexible work schedule - we want you to create amazing products, not punch a ticket.
• Use of top of the line mobile phones and iMac with Cinema Display.
• Subsidized public transportation…..or bike to work!
• Fully stocked snacks & drinks, espresso, bagel-bar Fridays, and a flowing keg.
• We are a pet friendly environment, so you may see dogs roaming around.
• Perks such as ping-pong, pool table, office yoga, happy hours, grilling on the roof deck, and endless choices of surround-sound music. We like to have fun, too!
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Blackboard Mobile - 16 months ago
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile solutions that leverage powerful...