The Assessment Program of the American Institutes for Research, a large, social-science research organization, has an opening for a Test Development Assistant for its Math Content Team. AIR's Assessment Program works with a number of state agencies and consortiums to meet their educational measurement, professional development, and public outreach needs.
The Math Content Team is responsible for the creation of all Math test materials, products, and services for the Assessment Division of the American Institutes for Research (AIR). The Math Test Development Assistant will support a number of state assessment projects.
- Assist in the selection of literary and stimulus material for test use, obtaining copyright permission as needed
- Record team feedback on test items at individual meetings and group review sessions
- Update test creation software as directed by senior staff
- Assist in the recruitment and coordination of internal and external item writers
- Assist with the creation of training materials for item writers
- Provide planning and logistical support at client committee meetings
- Assist at client committee meetings in which stakeholders review the fairness and content of test items
- Assist with the assembly of fieldtest and operational test forms
- Update test forms as directed by senior staff based on client feedback
- Assist technical staff at client committee meetings in which stakeholders review statistical data of administered test forms
- Contribute to the creation of ancillary testing materials for interpretive guides, score reports, and item release websites
- Assist senior staff in the management of test item pools
- Assist senior staff in the development of new assessments, products, and services
- Assist with the creation of test specifications
- Perform miscellaneous test development tasks, as requested by senior staff
- Help senior staff respond to RFPs
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Math, Education, Social Sciences, or a related field, with additional training or experience in Math or Math Education. Basic research experience is a plus. Requires outstanding academic record, excellent writing skills, and proficiency with MS Office. Ideal candidates will be detail oriented, demonstrate good judgment, the ability to multi-task, and work independently.
American Institutes for Research - 21 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...