Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AAES) in Kirkland, Washington is a division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our E m P ower ® product line. We are also the world’s leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our C ore P ower ® product line. Astronics’ revenues have grown at a 41% average growth rate over the last 5 years. Astronics AES has 350 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 6 years consecutively.
The Test Engineer 4 will support new products for the Airborne Power & Control (APC) department and for legacy programs in production for both/either APC and Cabin department programs as necessary. Responsibilities include evaluation of product designs, development of test project plans for those designs, and successful execution of the plans. In addition, the Test Engineer 4 will produce test systems for design and production tests, and lead the execution of test suites according to program needs. This role reports to the Director of Test Engineering.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Design and direct the engineering process and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment. This includes preparation of labor and material estimates for assigned tasks.
- Provide detailed budgets and schedule for bid and proposal efforts.
- Direct and coordinate test engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, telemeter, record, and reduce test data.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations, including writing calibration and acceptance test procedures.
- Direct and exercise control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
- Direct test engineering, and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
- Develop programs and uses computer software and hardware to conduct tests on electronic products and systems.
- Test coverage spans CCA’s through LRU’s, and will involve collaboration with EMS vendors
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement projects and project teams, as required, most often taking a leadership role. Mentor and instruct less experienced test engineers (as delegated by manager).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Systems engineering/architecture ability in test
- HW/SW design for testing of complex embedded devices
- Program and project management in test engineering
- Minimum of a BS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
- 7 years’ experience with avionics systems testing and requirements analysis
- Supported at least 3 full major product cycles
- Extensive knowledge of both manual and automated testing
- Extensive knowledge of design, manufacturing, and reliability test areas
- Clear understanding of HW and SW development practices and common failures and faults
Education/Certification : Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technical discipline preferred and seven years related experience; additional experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, well-developed Office software skills
- Organized and detailed self-starter, able to work independently with little supervision
- Adapts readily to changes in scope and purpose
Eligibility Requirement : Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or marital status.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam Era
It is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company’s EEO Coordinator, Gayle Keenan, in Human Resources, during regular business hours.
If you require an accommodation to apply, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.
Astronics Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard