Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: ENG1867
Job Title: Test Engineer Intern
Area of Interest: Engineering/ Technology
Career Level: Student / Intern
Position Type: Internship/ Apprenticeship
City: Farmington Hills
State / Province: Michigan
Country: United States
Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®.The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Job Title: AME Electronic Pilot Factory Student/Intern
Reports To: AME Test Engineering Manager
- Understand and learn the complex interactions of electronics test engineering through observation and hands-on experience in assisting other engineers within the AME Staff as requested by Director or Manager.
- Develops work instructions and test procedures for pilot factory builds. Assist in preparation and testing for critical builds and development for AME.
- Requires minimum educational qualifications including 2 year, prefer 3 years completed toward Electrical Engineering, or other related technical field
- Requires proficient to advanced level usage of various computer software programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio Flow Chart
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong ability to conceptualize electronics theory
- Organized and concise technical writing
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to keep up with heavy email communications in real-time
- Conscientious worker with attention to detail
- Be eager to help in areas as assigned as part of learning opportunity
- Willingness to complete minimum 2 rotations at Harman International.
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
Harman International - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE:HAR) designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment and...