Title Test Engineer Job # 14668BR Job Function Engineering City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description ARINC is advancing flight deck communications with its eEnabled Aircraft Solutions to guarantee a fast, end-to-end communications platform that streamlines operations, improves efficiency, enhances passenger experience, and reduces airlines costs across the board.
ARINC’s eEnabled Aircraft Solutions is much more than an electronic flight bag. Our applications, communications and information management services, infrastructure support, and regulatory oversight together turn any aircraft into a mobile extension of an airline’s information management infrastructure.
From real-time in-flight information updates and data transfer, instant connectivity for aircraft arriving at the gate, to hardware and third party application support, ARINC eEnabled technology ensures seamless and continuous communications between the air and the ground at all times.
The Test Engineer will test ARINC applications using defined application development life-cycle methodologies. Applications utilizing open source components where feasible are designed around an open and adaptable architecture allowing for seamless integration with other airline and third-party provider applications.
The Test Engineer will:
- Support application requirements generation based on business requirements.
- Understand Use Case documentation using UML modeling and other defined processes.
- Develop automated tests using Python, C++, and possibly other programming languages.
- Use understanding of networking concepts to test network architecture.
- Test software applications incorporating aircraft messaging and utilizing information from other aviation related applications and sources for hosting on Window and Linux platforms.
- Test data and aircraft messages stored on PostgreSQL database.
- Use Open Source knowledge to vet and apply reuse of publicly available existing solutions to the testing process.
- Create quality documentation (i.e. system test plans) within software development life cycle.
- Perform various levels of system testing to include requirements, functional end-to-end, and performance testing. Qualifications Required Experience:
- Seven or more years of employment experience in application testing.
- Experience with Python, C++, Java, or other Web/GUI enabling languages.
- Experience in UML design using Argo and/or Rational Rose.
- Experience with web frameworks, such as Django or Turbogears,
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL or SQLite and be capable of interpreting database design/schemas.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux OS environments.
- Must support and adhere to documented engineering processes within an ISO 9001 environment.
- Enjoys delving into new technology.
- Must understand basic networking switching concepts and routing protocols.
- Enjoys working in a rapid development environment.
- Able to produce quality product output (test documents, test plans, etc.) which meets stated requirements and within schedule.
- Ability to read and comprehend specifications documents and applies protocols or theories to the current task.
- Must be able to work independently in a global team-oriented environment.
- Must be dependable in a schedule-driven environment.
- Fluent in the English language: strong written and oral communication (including listening) skills are required.
- Must be flexible with work hours including occasional off-hours work because of dealing with International customers.
- Ability to professionally and effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- BS degree in a Computer Science related field required.
- Experience within the aviation community is a plus. Experience in the application development life cycle including design & development.
- Familiarity with Open Source packages.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP network communications protocol is a plus.
- Experience utilizing defect tracking software. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25