Bloom Health is actively seeking a passionate and experienced Test Engineer to join our team. This role is to be filled by someone who is enthusiastic and who will establish themselves as a key contributor in a small, high-energy environment.
- Works closely with the quality assurance team to understand test requirements and translates them into automated functional tests
- Analyzes and documents functional test results
- Revises automated functional test scripts to reflect results and corrects errors or reports defects; retests as needed
- Proposes innovative test designs or alternative solutions to meet the technical requirements while ensuring that the automated functional test solution remains flexible and scalable
- Keeps abreast of new functional test technology developments and introduces new frameworks, toolkits, and architectures
- Independently manages work to ensure achievement of timelines
- Provides feedback to engineering and quality assurance teams on design decisions that have negative functional test implications
- Determines resource and time estimates required for appropriate testing
If you have any of these skills, it's a Bonus
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of quality assurance or professional software development experience
- Comfortable developing in dynamic language (e.g. Groovy, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Linux and OS X operating systems
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and practices, particularly object-oriented design concepts
- Proven experience and practical knowledge of agile software development methods
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in business and technical terms
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible; able to adapt to changing priorities within a rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent follow-through and strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated; self-starter
- Ability to maintain strong partnerships with peers and members of cross-functional teams
- Strong collaboration skills and appreciation of standards
Why you should apply
- Experience with automation test tools and methodologies
- Browser automation experience (e.g. Geb or Selenium)
- Testing framework experience (e.g. Spock, Cucumber, JUnit, or TestNG)
- Distributed version control system experience (e.g. Git or Mercurial)
Bloom makes an investment in its employees. From day one, employees are encouraged to develop their careers and Bloom supports this through hands on opportunities and enrichment activities. To get a feel for what it's like to work at Bloom, check out what its like to Work With Us .
Bloom Health is a company dedicated to helping employers and their employees find better health care, together. Using a defined contribution approach, Bloom Health helps employers determine how much to spend on health care, and then helps employees find the most suitable health insurance and health programs on which to spend their health care dollars.
Bloom Health, www.gobloomhealth.com, is in downtown Minneapolis. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com .
Bloom Health - 17 months ago
Bloom Health is a technology-focused company dedicated to helping people take control of their health benefits. Using a defined...