1)What is the new associate expected to do?
2)What are the results to be achieved?
- Coordinate with engineering groups to develop and track evaluation plan.
- Understand and reflect on main schedule for a project.
- Rationalize specification with team leaders across departments.
- Oversee and execute testing with test groups and program engineers specifications.
- Develop and arrange test plan and schedule to meet required timing by securing resources.
- Establish test preparation and planning under guidance of Sr. Test Engineers.
- Rationalize target performance with CAE teammates. Conduct testing, data analysis, results judgment, countermeasure development and analysis.
- Be responsible to guide and issue reports internally and support program engineer for customer reporting and report on performance as part of team in design reviews.
- Conduct testing and evaluations at customer facility as needed,
- Interact with customer engineers to prepare and conduct testing on over the road evaluations as needed.
- Assist in developing improvements in evaluation and development process and methodology,
- Author and maintain Engineering Discipline documents, Test Requests, Test Reports and Patent Applications
- Perform tests and assist Test Department personnel
- Create and maintain Engineering Drawings
- Create schedules for Management and for Customer requirements
- Create Test Procedures
- Analyze Engineering Specifications
- Prepare and present materials for program milestone meetings
- Communicate and coordinate with factories
- Interface with Customer Engineering and Program Management
- Visit Customer Engineering offices and Vehicle assembly plants
- Associate understands and knows resources for customer and test requirements and specifications.
- Associate can support all completion of all phases of testing [planning - reporting]
- Associate can judge test results to be acceptable and support countermeasure development and validation.
- Associate has the ability to be flexible and accommodate change as needed.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Designs that allow plants to deliver high quality parts to the customer on time.
- Customer satisfaction through quality products and services
Minimum: A.S. or B.S. Engineering thermal systems testing
Desire: B.S. Mechanical Engineering -Specialty in A/C Thermal systems and or/ controls.
Minimum: 2 years
Desire: 3 - 5 years
TYPE OF EXPERINCE:
Minimum: A C system evaluation & validation and or NVH or Product Design and Validation
Desire: A/C Thermal System Design, Development & Testing in laboratory environment or Product design and validation.
SKILLS / ABILITIES NEEDED:
Minimum: Test Engineering hands on mindset Computer usage, Data acquisition Test equipment (hardware and software) usage and summarization proficiency. Flexibility. Theory backed by practical experience.
Desire: Evaluation experience with bench and vehicle testing for HVAC, ECM, and interfacing with Compressor testing. Integration/reflection of virtual test result and physical test result. Ability to have flexibility in personal time management.