needed --- Location: BAE, Santa Clara, CA
Only US Citizens apply - No H1B Visa Holders or Permanent Residents
I am working with BAE and the manager is looking for an
Test Engineer. You must be a US Citizen to apply.
You will work for GeoLogics Corporation initially at the BAE facility in Santa Clara, CA. The position is 6+ months and is paying $41 per hour (W2).
The Software Functional team is seeking a Software Integration and Test Engineer to support software integration and test tasks for the GCV program. This individual will report to the overall project Software Integration and Test Lead. This position will be in Santa Clara, CA.
- You will develop, define, and document the software test approach consistent with established engineering principles and practices.
- You will conduct and evaluate technologies to facilitate testing within software items, across software items, and between software and hardware components, furthermore adapt Froglogic’s Squish (GUI Testing), Jenkins (CI), and NI TestStand environments to enhance testing capabilities and to automate testing as determined appropriate.
- You will coordinate with the other software integration and test engineers to optimize the software integration and test infrastructure across the software lifecycle.
- You will develop the software integration plan, software test plan and support the development of the system test, verification and validation plan(s).
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience plus 5 years relevant experience; or a M.S. degree and 3 years’ experience; or a Ph.D. in a relevant technical discipline.
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate strategy and priorities at all levels of the project organization and within the software development team.
- Ability to create and present technical presentations to customers and peers.
- Create test plans for software product features (requirement based), plan for test design, and execute the test plans.
- Analyze requirements for testability while providing inputs for test levels and test methods.
- Design and implement test cases to verify the software requirements: functionality, performance, safety, security, and other requirements.
- Develop test automation to verify the end-to-end software requirements embedded in the use cases or software threads (sequences).
- Formulation of new software test methodologies, strategies, and practices to enhance the testing capabilities for the project while increasing overall software quality and reliability
- Verification of fixes to software reported defects (software problems) and closure of these software defects.
- Investigate potential root cause of software defects and communicate/demonstrate them to the software development team.
- Develop schedules and manage resources that lead to the execution of formal acceptance testing of software product releases.
- Experience with embedded software and hardware development
- UML modeling experience, preferable with Sparx’s Enterprise Architect.
- Experience with the software configuration management and software defect tracking tools.
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume to email@example.com and I will call back with more information.
- Familiarity with Perforce, Bugzilla, Perforce, ClearCase, ClearQuest, DOORS, National Instruments' Test Stand, LabVIEW, Requirement Gateway, Veristand, Matlab/Simulink, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Green Hills INTEGRITY
- Specific knowledge and experience in the areas of VxWorks, Integrity, Linux, 1553, Ethernet, CAN, and Serial Interfaces
- PMP certificationand working knowledge of CMMI
- Specialized technical knowledge of relevant military and commercial design standards. Certain positions may require specialized technical knowledge.
GeoLogics is a 21 year old growing technical services company headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country. The Company provides software, IT and engineering services, mission critical solutions, and technical support primarily to the Defense and Aerospace industry, various agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development.
The GeoLogics Employee Benefits Program (EBP) reflects our abiding interest in and commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse workforce and providing financial security for both our employees and their families. GeoLogics offers an exceptionally competitive array of benefits for our employees, including: Health Insurance (w/ Dental & Vision), Life & Disability Insurance, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and a Retirement 401k Plan.
GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at: www.geologics.com