Must have 4 or more years of experience. SMI-S experience.
1. Execute test cases for RAID controller firmware/software on PC-based servers.
2. Help in setting up and maintaining a lab with latest hardware and software.
3. Monitor test plan progress to maintain schedule
4. Report issues and progress on a daily basis to Test Lead.
5. Troubleshoot and recreate issues found with RAID firmware/software and work closely with development to resolve issue.
6. Make sure issues found are properly logged in defect database.
1. Good working knowledge with storage products like SAS, SATA and SCSI. Prefer experience with RAID
2. Hands on experience installing different operating systems on Intel based personal computers/servers. This include Windows 2K/2K3, Windows XP, Linux (SuSE, RedHat), Solaris, Netware, etc.
3. Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems and familiarity with the basic components of a personal computer.
4. Good oral and written communication skills to communicate status with other departments.
5. Able to quickly learn new hardware, software, and operating systems.
6. Must be someone eager and able to work independently and be self-driven.
7. Ability to write automation test scripts is a plus.
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
sologig - 2 years ago