Technician, Magnetic Testing
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Bagdad Lab
GRADE: NON-EXEMPT 06
SUPERVISOR : Dave Finley
SHIFT REQUIREMENTS: Shiftwork - 6:00a.m. or 2p.m. or 2p.m. – 10p.m. Alternate every other week
OVERTIME REQUIREMENTS: minimal
ATI Allegheny Ludlum, an operating company of Allegheny Technologies (NYSE: ATI), manufactures and markets a wide range of flat rolled specialty metals, including stainless steel, nickel alloys, titanium and electrical steels to global end use markets such as aerospace, power generation, automotive and housing. Our goal is to safely deliver exceptional value to our customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- A college degree is highly preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of material testing and testing equipment
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Computer proficiency is required in Microsoft Office Products, with an aptitude to learn and utlize company and job related systems.
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy are required and are good interpersonal skills.
If you have the desire to be a part of a forward-thinking team who is implementing advanced manufacturing processes and supporting growth opportunities, then please submit your resume for consideration.
- Receive and prepare samples for testing. Perform Testing procedures for the magnetic testing lab. Report findings and notify management and respective personnel of findings. Perform minor maintenance on test equipment.
- Perform carbon testing during normalizer transitions as required by production
- Prepare the carbon samples by cutting, cleaning, nibbling and rinsing with acetone to remove surface oxidation. Log results into a spreadsheet and distribute to production and process metallurgy.
- Test magnetic samples (Epstein or single sheets), minimum of 100 tests per 8 hour turn
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action for Females, Minorities, Vietnam Era Veterans and the Disabled
Allegheny Ludlum - 2 years ago
When it comes to steelmaking, Allegheny Ludlum has a plethora of alloys. Allegheny Ludlum, a subsidiary of Allegheny Technologies, produces...