Responsible for testing prototype development systems, peripherals and/or pre-released software for compatibility and functionality by performing test cases. Works from developed test plans and/or written or verbal instructions. Executing Automative Test and Documenting findings.
4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Constructs, troubleshoots and tests prototype assemblies.
- Assists engineers in test phase of prototype systems and/or pre-released software.
- Sets up, configures and tests hardware and software products.
- Performs specified test cases and clearly documents results.
- Conducts functional testing and analysis of newly developed products to ensure operation and reliability.
- Assembles and disassembles test configurations.
- Learns new technologies and procedures to remain current with industry standards and new products.
Undergraduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience.
- An excellent understanding of systems architecture and hardware configurations.
- Understanding of network topologies and protocols.
- Understanding of hardware and software interactions, and able to apply this understanding to resolve issues.
- Ability to identify potential product weakness, and be able to provide design guidance and recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing processes and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team participation skills.
- Thorough quality improvement skills.
- Advanced problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to set & maintain priorities in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment.
Dell - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...