Boulder Wind Power is seeking an experienced engineering candidate to build on the team’s expertise in test hardware and software development. Successful candidates must be ‘hands-on’ and be willing to work in an interactive, fast-paced technical environment. The individual will be expected to adapt quickly to the challenges of clean-sheet engineering, and work closely with the entire technical organization in a collaborative manner on cross-functional tasks.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Utilization of national instruments data acquisition hardware and LabVIEW software for data collection and test automation and execution
· Specification and manufacture of test fixtures, installation of test components and instrumentation to support multi-discipline test objectives including mechanical, power electronics, material and environmental testing
· Root cause investigation & determination, resolving technical issues related to test procedures & equipment
· Collection and analysis of test data, including reporting to the technical team
· Participation in the product design & validation process including:
o meeting new product introduction deliverables
o design reviews
o optimization of cost / performance of components and subsystems
o identifying technical risks
o developing risk mitigation strategies and plans
Our business is technical, complex, and high risk. We are seeking someone who thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment and who has demonstrated successful track record with innovative technology development.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and attributes:
· At least 5 years of testing experience in a professional environment, or equivalent experience in combination with a degree program
· Experience following written test plan and hands-on integration of test instrumentation
· Experience with and/or ability to learn various test equipment including but not limited to; environmental thermal & humidity chambers, hydraulic load frame & control system, high voltage test equipment, vibration equipment and various data acquisition systems
· Analytical problem solving style, embracing self-scrutiny to deliver quality results
· Willing and able to adapt to changing assignments and schedules through an agile, proactive, work ethic
· Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and expand comfort zone
· Willingness to work closely with team members and leverage skills of entire team
· Organized, detail-oriented and reliable
· Outgoing, confident personality, able to carry tasks through with self-direction given a specific goal
· Excellent communication skills, easily approachable and willing to give opinion & lend expertise
In addition, the following qualifications and attributes are strongly desired:
· Bachelor’s, associate’s or technical degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent scientific field
· LabvVIEW Programming Experience, NI Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) or NI Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
· Specific experience with complex test programs involving thermal, dynamic, and/or electrical performance
· Experience with test programs involving rotating machines, static load, fatigue, dynamic response, modal analysis, corrosion, thermal and high voltage power electronics
Resume Submission Form
Starred (*) fields are required.
Phone Number: *
Upload Your Cover Letter Here: *
Upload Your Resume Here: *
Where did you hear about us?
Having trouble? Contact hr [at] boulderwindpower [dot] com.