This is a temporary position. 6 months.
EMCORE offers a broad portfolio of compound semiconductor-based products for the telecom, CATV, satellite communications, video transport, defense & homeland security and solar power markets. Our two primary operating segments are Fiber Optics and Solar Photovoltaics. EMCORE Fiber Optics provides optical components, subsystems and systems that enable the transmission of video, voice, and data over high-capacity fiber optic links. EMCORE Solar Photovoltaics provides products based on its high-efficiency Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) solar cells for both space and terrestrial solar power applications.
We are looking for a conscientious electromechanical tech.
• 10 years with electromechanical control systems.
• Knowledge of basic optical systems (e.g. how a parabolic mirror works, knowledge of a focal plane, etc.)
• Contamination control.
• Pressurized gas systems, course work in thermodynamics (should know about the ideal gas law and how applies to the real world).
• Familiar with tube fittings and regulators.
• Capable of working independently.
• Good communication skills.
• Solid Works
• Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Vacuum systems.
US Citizenship mandatory due to site regulations.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
EMCORE - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard