Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- ·Conduct engine tests in accordance with written process and procedures.
- ·Install FME and customer engines on the test stand.
- ·Set-up, or coordinate the set-up, instrumentation to properly collect the required engine data.
- ·Take required measurements to insure proper hook-up and alignment of engines and associated equipment.
- ·Monitor the calibration of instrumentation and gauges to ensure completion on a regular schedule.
- ·Compile engine data, perform preliminary calculations, prepare necessary graphs, and write test reports.
- ·Conduct tear-down, inspections, and maintenance associated with engine development testing.
- ·Preserve and remove engines in accordance with defined procedures.
- ·Perform maintenance to test floor equipment to insure successful and uninterrupted development testing.
- ·Operate and maintain gaseous and particulate emissions equipment.
- ·Participate in planning activities for project development.
- ·Develop new techniques and applications that improve department efficiency.
- ·Participate in facility safety activities.
Must be able to read Engineering prints and instructions.
Must be able to use basic inspection devices such as micrometers, calipers, feeler gauges, bore gauges.
Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Must have the ability to qualify for a fork-lift operator license and obtain a crane card.
Must be experirenced with operations of diesel engines.
Minimum of five years experience in an engine testing/operating environment.
Enpro Industries - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -