Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of Jacobs Engineering, one of the
nation's largest engineering and technical services-only companies. Jacobs is the world’s top
supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive
industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other
original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motorsports
community. Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility,
including climatic and driveability wind tunnels; aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermodynamic
wind tunnels; emissions test rooms; soak rooms; altitude chambers; engine and powertrain test
cells; and electromagnetic anechoic chambers. We not only design and build these facility
systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities.
Job responsibilities will be progessive, and assigned based on individual skills. Specific skills in mechanical and electrical maintenance, instrumentation, calibration, computers and networks, automotive mechanics and racing industry knowledge.
Technician will be cross-functional and expected to support all functions of the operation, including: test cell operation, verification of vehicle instrumentation quality, test vehicle installation in the test facility, installation of test hardware on test articles, general test support activities, programming of automated test procedures using wind tunnel control software, mechanical component assembly and maintenance activities.
Minimum of two (2) years college courses in engineering, automotive, skilled trade or associated disciplines plus five to ten (5-10) years relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience. Required skills needed for this position include:
Customer service: individual shall have character traits and personality geared toward customer service. Individual must be a clear communicator.
- Vehicle mechanic: this position requires that the individual work on vehicle chassis set-up for wind tunnel testing, change tires, change shocks/struts, and install / remove any component on a vehicle. Individual must also have a thorough understanding of vehicle suspension, hydraulic systems, motors, mechanical screw devices, bearings and rotating equipment. Position requires precision level work with understanding of assemblies, mechanical fit and torque requirements.
- Fabrication: individual must have a good working knowledge of machine shop tools for building / assembling fixtures / components. (tools include lathe, mill, brake, shear, drill press and band-saw)
- Maintenance: individual will support mechanical and / or electrical / instrumentation maintenance activities
- Test Operations Controls and Data Acquisition: individual shall have working knowledge of instrumentation / controls / data acquisition enough to support wind tunnel operation and programming of test sequences (Lab View experience or equivalent is a plus).
- Computer: proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and file system management is mandatory (additional capabilities in database programing and computer networking is a plus)
- Teamwork: individual must be willing to work within a team and also take on leadership role in defined tasks
- Troubleshooting: individual shall be skilled in systematic approach to problem identification and resolution.
High Noise 5%
Equipment and Machines:
Rotating non-standard shift work
Other Essential Functions:
Must take and pass a drug and background check.
Jacobs Technology - 30+ days ago
Jacobs' IT Computer Operations Group provides global technical services and support to all of Jacobs' business units and clients across 60 o...