TITLE: TEST TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: DESIGN ASSURANCE TEST SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
This position is responsible for performing tests and verifying product conformance with internal, customer, and third party certification requirements.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILTIES
· Work closely with engineering and purchasing to set up test scenarios according to test methods and test validation plans
· Accurately follow testing procedures and document any deviation from written standards/test methods
· Perform tests, determine compliance, and write test reports to support product development verification and validation activities
· Compile test results and report them in an appropriate format. Promptly communicate test results to all interested parties
· Make recommendations for improvements to testing processes, procedures, equipment and fixtures
· Ensure that testing areas are maintained and test equipment is calibrated
· Provide back-up support for third party listing activities such as witness testing of product
· Effectively build and maintain cross-functional work relationships to efficiently complete test processes
· Participate in Product Development activities such as kickoff, design review, DFMEA and first article meetings
· Perform simple troubleshooting activities, diagnose minor deficiencies in equipment and recommend corrective actions where necessary
· Collaborate with test personnel at other Company locations worldwide, as needed
· Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
· Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
· Perform other duties deemed necessary to support the Company’s business operations
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Ability to interpret standards, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc.
· Proven ability to use gages and basic metrology tools
· Mechanical aptitude
· Excellent technical documentation abilities
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook (or related e-mail system)
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment
· Understanding of priorities, constraints, and problem escalation; proven ability to make sound decisions within established guidelines
· Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
· Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through skills
· Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
· Associates or technical degree and a min imum of two (2) years experience in the mechanical testing field; orcombination of relevant education and experience.
· Experience with third party and/or self-declared certification for mechanical and electrical products such as UL, TUV, OSHPD, CE, FCC, etc.
· Knowledge of design & manufacturability issues with sheet metal, metal castings, plastic moldings, and precision machined parts
· Knowledge of 3-D CAD programs
· Proven ability to write technical documents and communicate effectively verbally and written
· Proficiency in typing (at least 40 words per minute)
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Must be physically agile and able to mount and maneuver equipment on large walls. W hile performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to make coordinated movements of the hands to grasp/manipulate objects, and to frequently stand, walk, squat/kneel, stoop/bend/twist, reach above shoulder level and below knee level, and push/pull and lift/carry up to 60 lbs throughout the day and occasionally up to 100 lbs as needed. Also requires coordinated movements of the fingers for using a keyboard.
· Steel-toed shoes are required for working in this position
· Combination of general office, machine shop, and warehouse environment (no air-conditioning)
· May require ground travel to other company facilities or Supplier’s facilities.
· Long-distance or air travel as needed – not to exceed 5% travel
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Milestone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.