Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State for reading, science, and math. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child. Chess, art, and other specialized subjects bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are seeking an ambitious Test Writer to join our Success Academies' Data and Accountability team!
The Department of Data and Accountability (D&A) makes sure our schools, principals and teachers are hitting ambitious academic benchmarks throughout the school year. We assess our students on a regular basis to ensure they are learning at a very high level. From start to finish, D&A oversees how Success Academy Charter Schools understands student learning – we help create Success Academy Charter Schools’ academic benchmarks, design tests and oversee test administration. Also, by using cutting edge technology we are able to collect, store and report test data on all our students. In effect, D&A is Success Academy Charter Schools’ “one-stop-shop” for all things related to tests and testing. Our expert knowledge gives us the unique opportunity to analyze larger academic trends, detect growth areas among our students and show teachers how to overcome these growth areas quickly and efficiently. In short, D&A sets and evaluates achievement levels to help Success Academies make informed decisions while simultaneously raising the bar.
Our commitment to data-driven instruction has paid dividends.
Based on 2011 NY state test results, our students
Success Academies’ students consistently outperform students in affluent communities like Scarsdale and Edgemont.
- Ranked in the top 1% across the state for English Language Arts and Math compared to similarly-sized charter schools across the state.
- Ranked #1 in English Language Arts and Math.
The Test Writer will report directly to the Director of Data and Accountability. This person's main responsibility will be to manage the design and publication of assessments used at our schools. Strong candidates will have the expertise and interest to move the organization forward in terms of how we assess our scholars.
- Designing smart, intuitive interim assessments that will clearly show floors and ceilings in student understanding.
- Analyzing student performance on tests and questions with an eye towards improving assessments.
- Implementing psychometric procedures for our testing programs.
- Overseeing all copy-editing, proofreading and formatting of test materials sent to our twelve schools.
- Closely partnering with all staff to help manage testing and ensure timely reporting.
This position is ideal for a beginning or mid-level professional looking to start a career in test writing. As part of the data and accountability team, you will find new, innovative ways to improve instruction across fourteen schools.
We are looking for candidates with the following competencies:
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Quantitative Psychology, Psychometrics, Educational Measurement or a closely related field is strongly encouraged
- Strong ability to communicate results to people of varying statistical knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; proficiency in Adobe Illustrator as well as R and Perl programming languages preferred
- Good understanding of what increases teacher efficacy
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
- Social and emotional intelligence
- Adaptability. Flexibility to test new methods and aspiration to constantly improve.
- Forward thinking. Strategic approach to projects for future gains.
- Beyond Z attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the Test Writer position.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what's possible in public education. Our schools rank in the top 1% in math and top 3% in English...