This section contains a brief overview of the main purpose(s) or function(s) of the job, indicating what is done and why (outcome). This information will be used for the position posting.
- This is a technical position responsible for testing standard system releases and non-standard system interface releases.
- The incumbent is responsible for preparation of test matrices and logic tables; creation of test cases; evaluation of results; and coordination of corrective action for areas of concern.
- The incumbent performs the analysis of each program change, facilitates testing, and verifies the accuracy of the systems output.
- The incumbent will be expected to identify any point of failure in the program, and coordinate corrective action, with the Standard System Maintainer or Diversified programming personnel to ensure the problem is addressed and the point of failure eliminated.
- The incumbent must be able to work independently and work with a senior level position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience is required in Medicare Standard Systems.
- Additional relevant education level and/or years of experience:
- Associates and/or Bachelors degree
- Additional relevant knowledge and/or skills and/or work experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Medicare Standard System applications and system flow.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare Standard Code Sets and Pricing Mechanisms and an understanding of the output expected to meet the policy objectives of the Medicare program and testing procedures.
- Possess analytical/problem solving aptitude
- Demonstrated in-depth skill in using common desktop software tools such as World, Excel, Power Point, and Lotus Notes.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in analyzing outcomes of system processing.
- Proficient with mainframe development and control tools such as Sysview, ISPF/TSO, DataXpert, Syncsort, and automated regression testing tools.
- In-depth technical knowledge of specific areas of the Medicare Standard Systems, ancillary systems, system interfaces and associated system user files.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This section lists the positions principal duties and/or functions and describes in general terms what the position holder does to fulfill such duties and/or functions. This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties/functions/attributes.
Area of Responsibility and Key Activities/Elements:
Communicate effectively. Prepare comprehensive test cases, including test objectives goals, test scripts (step-by-step instructions) and expected results checklists to thoroughly validate and sign-off on all applications and systems modifications. Perform testing and verification of requirements for all new programs or system modifications. Though testing, identify potential problems or concerns that may impact Medicare performance, fully document and substantiate those issues, and team up with programming personnel to correct processing software to produce correct results. Retest and verify all fix logic.
This job requires the ability to work independently and as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require working irregular hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Diversified Service Options, Inc. (Diversified) is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. Diversified was created in 1998 to address the enterprise-wide, long-term government business strategies. Diversified has ownership in multiple companies, which along with Diversified have one common missionto provide the best value administrative services available, primarily in the government- sponsored healthcare market. Diversified provides certain shared services for its subsidiary operating companies.
Diversifieds wholly-owned subsidiaries include First Coast Service Options, Inc. (First Coast) and Novitas Solutions Inc. (Novitas), which are government administrative services contractors that provide administrative and claims processing services for state and federal health care programs such as Medicare and Medicaid.
Guided by our company values of doing the right things, the right way, Diversified companies are committed to conducting our business with a high level of integrity, continuously improving our organization and business processes and providing operational excellence and fiscal responsibility in our service to our customers.
Diversified Service Options is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer.