The Testing Center Coordinator manages all functions at the college's testing centers at the CentreTech, Lowry and Buckley campuses. The testing centers offer many testing services including placement testing, CLEP, DSST, outside/3rd party proctoring, certification exams and work skills assessment exams. While working with the Testing Center Supervisor, the Coordinator ensures adequate coverage in the testing center, manages testing unit allocations, user accounts, and serves as the primary/main test administrator and contact for all outside testing agencies. Additionally, the Coordinator will manage the testing center budget and will consider additional testing services to offer to both CCA students and community members.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, experience leading and managing a team, and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Testing Functions
2. Accountability and Integrity
- Oversee the college's student assessment activities including Accuplacer and LOEP Placement tests
- Direct CLEP, DSST and remote/3rd party proctoring to include vendor relations, upgrades, contracts, new tests, pricing
- Support and occasional proctoring services to the Testing Center at Buckley Air Force Base for CLEP, DSST and possible future assessment offerings
- Coordinator will work with the Testing Supervisor to manage the testing center budget and will consider additional testing services to offer to both CCA students and community members.
3. Payment and Budgetary Functions
- Write and implement policies to maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials, test logs and other test documents.
- While proctoring, must be vigilant and able to pay close attention to cheating or prevention of cheating
- While proctoring maintain a quiet atmosphere appropriate for testingWrite and implement policies to prepare documentation of cheating or dishonesty to assist in student discipline process
- Write and maintain procedures to ensure proper security of all tests and maintain the operation and condition of equipment and software housed in the Testing Centers
- While proctoring ensure that assessment scores are uploaded into Banner in a timely manner
- Ensure that each testing center location meets or exceeds the minimum standards for the assessment offered at the location
- Determine assessment costs and monitor deposits and auxiliary budget balances
- In consultation with Testing Supervisor initiate the purchasing process for testing units and supplies
- In consultation with Testing Supervisor evaluate and implement additional income producing testing opportunities as appropriate
5. College, Community and State-Wide Representation
- Work with the Testing Specialist to ensure coverage of the testing center locations year-round which includes scheduling additional testing sessions and proctors for peak periods as needed
- In consultation with Testing Supervisor supervise and train assistants and proctors
- Maintain procedures manual
Required Qualifications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- Build relationships with college staff to ensure that assessment and data needs are being met
- Represent the college at RMCTA and CCCS Testing group meetingsIn consultation with the Concurrent Enrollment specialist directs off-site testing operations at local high schools.
- As needed, establishes relationships for off-site non-high school testing.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Psychometrics, Measurement, Mathematics, or a closely related field
- 1-2 years' experience proctoring exams in a classroom or testing center setting
- 2 years management and supervision experience
- 1 or more years' providing excellent customer service in an education or business setting (this must be listed on your cover letter)
- Knowledge and understanding of educational assessment testing development and administration (this must be listed on your resume)
- Computer skills including Internet and MS Office (this must be listed on your resume)
Salary Range: Anticipated Salary range is in the mid $30's to mid $40's depending on experience and education. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits .
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until May 1, 2014. Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements, include a professional resume , and list the complete job title in the email. Please email these items to - Attention: Human Resources Department at HR@ccaurora.edu . Note: If you would like to apply for more than one of our positions, we do request that you send a separate email, cover letter and resume for each position and reference the complete job title.
If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email to HR@ccaurora.edu
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know . A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Community College of Aurora - 9 months ago