GrafTech International is a global company with more than 125 years in the graphite material industry, offering innovative solutions for the most challenging applications. Discovery, development and implementation of leading edge technologies are fundamental to GrafTech’s success. GrafTech International is one of the world's leading manufacturers of carbon and graphite products for industrial applications in a diverse array of industries: metal production, latest generation electronics, advanced energy, chemicals, aerospace and transportation, among others.
Fiber Materials Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of GrafTech International Ltd is a world leader in design, manufacturing and testing of advanced composites and the fabrication of high temperature insulation and industrial materials. We are searching for a Testing Technologist to support our Energy Materials Testing Laboratory department to work out of our southern Maine location to contribute to the success of the business in the aerospace and defense market.
- Hands-on technical support and process control
- Work with engineers and senior technicians in evaluation and analysis of materials and processes
- Apply fundamental engineering principles to solve problems; Good math skills
- Recording and entry of engineering and process data into datasheets or database
- Utilize Access database to manipulate data for evaluation and analysis
- Carry out engineering experiments following written and oral technical direction
- Maintain and improve safety and quality standards
- Utilize M/S Word and Excel to assemble technical reports
- Technical writing of experiment, process or development work
- Writing and updating of technical, manufacturing and process specifications
- Transport of process materials between manufacturing operations
- Work in a team based environment; and self-starter
- Follow supervisor directions
- Would be mentored by an engineer or Lead Technician
- Maintain a clean and safe workstation
- 2 to 4 years related experience and/or relevant training, 2-year technical degree preferred in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical discipline
- Strong mathematical background/aptitude required
Medical and Dental insurance available immediately for a weekly contribution. Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long Term Disability available at no cost to employee. Vacation and 401(k) plan with employer match.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and the opportunity to join a well-established organization. If you thrive in a challenging environment and have a proven track record in achieving results, come join our worldwide organization. For immediate consideration, please go to the following link and apply on our Career page at www.graftech.com/CAREER-CENTER.aspx .
To learn additional company information, please visit our website at www.graftech.com .
GrafTech International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
GrafTech International Ltd. - 6 months ago