TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC's statwide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today's global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Our Texas Pre-Freshman Engineering Program (TexPREP) is actively searching for (6) energetic individuals.
As a TexPREP Program Assistant you will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Provide support, encouragement and leadership to students participating in the program
- Ensure the safety and appropriate behavior of program participants.
- Educate students on college life
- Help to facilitate an environment that allows students to meet their academic and program goals
- Attend classes and laboratories with students, assisting instructors and students as needed or requested.
- Supervise research and study period, providing educational support activities
- Tutoring in Math and Science
- Serve as a “mentor” to students, encouraging the development of a commitment to educational achievement.
- Promote student involvement in program
- Role modeling positive attitudes and behaviors
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of at least one year of college
- Strong background in math, science, engineering, or education and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
Part-time postion (28 hours per week/7 weeks)
Texas State Technical College - 13 months ago