The Allstate Insurance Company is seeking a Division Manager to lead the daily operations of its Texas Regional Corporate Relations team - a $2.3 billion business with 3,000 Texas employees and agents. The Regional Corporate Relations Division Manager reports to the Regional Corporate Relations Senior Manager. This individual has responsibility for leading two direct reports and works with a team and business partners to facilitate communications through the management of specific vehicles and messages for targeted audiences. Their work improves the internal and external reputation of Allstate by building relationships, reinforcing key messages and producing a favorable business climate specifically within their state/region/territory with key stakeholders, including media; community, political and regulatory leaders; customers and consumers and agency owners and employees.
This position requires a broad range of communication skills to develop, implement, and measure internal and external communications plans for Allstate, drive business objectives, foster sustained capacity for change and innovation, and position Allstate as an insurance and financial services leader.
The person in this position is expected to:
- Creatively motivate, manage and lead multiple direct reports and communication streams in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment.
- Develop and lead external and internal communications plans in order to have communications aligned to the regional and corporate business objectives.
This individual will focus on the internal communication strategies and vehicles.
This includes managing the weekly agent newsletter, product communication, and messages from leaders.
- Plan, implement, and measure external/internal communication plans in order to ensure the integration and consistency of messaging within Media Relations, Industry Relations, Community Relations, Foundation, and Corporate Positioning.
- Take a leadership roll in planning and coordinating messaging to all agencies and employees in state/region/territory in order to create a line of sight between stakeholder needs and Allstate’s business plan, and to create engagement among Allstaters to execute that plan.
- Implement special initiatives efforts for Corporate Positioning, Foundation, Community Relations, Volunteerism, and the achievement of key business unit objectives.
- Implement and support proactive media relations programming, including building and managing relationships with journalists and bloggers; serving as a company spokesperson; developing and distributing electronic and video communications materials; implementing strategic public relations campaigns integrated with national reputation goals and programs; planning and executing media and community events; and managing social media channels.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies that consider all stakeholders and are aligned with corporate and regional priorities, messaging and business objectives.
- Grow and leverage partnerships with nonprofit community organizations aligned with the Allstate Foundation’s program areas.
- Support company public policy and legislative goals and lead grassroots public affairs campaigns.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years experience in a public relations agency or corporate environment. The individual must have superior written and oral communication skills in addition to the following capabilities and skills:
- Five or more years of experience developing and leading internal/external communication strategies that build employee/agency engagement.
- Proven track record in achieving media results in all channels.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience preparing presentations incorporating key messages. Effective presentation skills and persuasion skills.
- Knowledge and experience writing in Associated Press writing style
- Ability to incorporate key messages and prepare documents which demonstrate knowledge of the audience and subject matter
- Experience assisting with messaging, relationship building, and the planning and execution of philanthropic strategies.
- The ability to travel occasionally
- Mobility –career advancement may require relocating to one of our 14 regional offices or corporate headquarters in Northbrook, IL.
Education: Four year college degree with an emphasis in English, Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism preferred. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- A few years of experience leading and managing communicators
- Knowledge and experience with an e-mail relationship building tool (preferably Constant Contact) and / or website content management a plus.
- Experience assisting in the execution of PSR strategies and messaging
- Video and imaging software skills
- Experience integrating social media in to communication planning
- Have a basic understanding of the property and causality insurance business, its regulatory requirements, underwriting / pricing principals or have a willingness to learn necessary background.
- Executive positioning experience
- Ability to speak to Spanish fluently
Allstate - 11 months ago
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in...