National Wildlife Federation is currently seeking a Texas Living Waters Project Specialist to support the work of the Director, Texas Water Programs and other staff in coordinating and implementing media strategy including online and social media components and pursuing grant funding. The Texas Living Waters Project Specialist will be responsible for providing general program support to NWF’s Texas Living Waters Project. This project is a collaborative effort between NWF and the Lone Star Chapter of the Sierra Club along with regional partner the Galveston Bay Foundation, focuses on development and promotion of a sustainable system for managing and using surface water, and, to a lesser extent, groundwater, in Texas.
- Works with other Texas Living Waters Project staff and partners to hold workshops, develop reports, and produce outreach materials including presentations and fact sheets to inform and mobilize constituents on important developments relating to water management issues and opportunities for influencing policy-makers’ decisions.
- Represents NWF at various meetings, conferences and functions on issues relating to Texas water management, particularly related to water conservation.
- Inform and mobilize audiences on NWF positions, issues, and opportunities for action.
- Develops and implements media strategy for the Texas Living Waters Project, including by writing press releases and opinion pieces, organizing media events, cultivating media contacts, and establishing a social media presence.
- Maintains project website including content updates.
- Works with other Texas Living Waters Project staff to pursue project funding by drafting grant proposals and reports to grantors.
- Works with project staff to create and implement an intern program.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years professional experience in environmental field. Experience in grant writing and working with news media required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior ability to synthesize complex information and successfully convey a message to the general public.
- Strong sense of initiative and an ability to recognize and capitalize on opportunities for media coverage, public education, and action; team player.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite 2007 and/or 2010; familiarity with social media
National Wildlife Federation - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard