performs duties within the scope of practice attributed to the skills of a registered nurse and reports to the Quality Assurance Director or the Chief Nurse Executive. The work involves planning, developing, coordinating, and evaluating activities related to nursing function of the assigned area.
Work involves planning, developing, coordinating, and evaluating quality assurance/quality enhancement initiatives related to nursing and clinical care and in alignment with the DADS Settlement Agreement. The position will gather data through various health monitoring tools which will identify clinical issues. The position evaluates state center nursing services and other levels of care through the analysis of statistical studies and performance evaluation reports and will provide recommendations for improvement to the Quality Assurance Director, the Chief Nurse Executive or the Medical Director. In addition, this position will assist with the provision of education to nursing staff and others as it relates to identified deficiencies. The position will, as assigned, serve on or facilitate workgroups related to quality enhancement of Nursing and Medical Services. Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills in addition to computer skills are essential along with the ability to work collaboratively with other medical staff and executive leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Utilizing assigned monitoring and audit tools, data is obtained and analyzed in order to provide an accurate clinical picture of nursing services provided to individuals served.
2. Upon analysis of data, provides recommendations for improvement and has the ability to communicate, teach, follow up, assist in implementation and follow up of quality improvement initiatives.
3. Ability to communicate well and provide education to employees at all levels of the organization, individuals who reside at the facility, and external monitoring groups.
4. Actively participate in and/or facilitate workgroups and committees as assigned.
5. Practices professional & prudent nursing in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act and agency/facility policies & procedures.
6. Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
7. Prepares and provides reports and data analysis utilizing computer software programs
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
- Demonstrate knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures; of health care laws and regulations; of medical diagnoses and procedures; of accepted medical treatment patterns; of community health and nursing care principles, practices and procedures; of program regulations and procedures; and of utilization review and control measures.
- Ability to provide patient care; to prepare and maintain records; to explain public health law; to organize, coordinate, and evaluate nursing activities and delivery of public health services; to interpret policies and procedures; to interpret health care regulations; to recognize patterns of medical necessity treatment; and to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to appropriately interact with individuals with developmental disabilities and staff members.
- Knowledge of nursing care standards, the Settlement Agreement and the Healthcare Guidelines.
- Ability to interpret regulations and communicate them effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and ICF-IID (Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities rules, regulations, policy and procedures related to State Supported Living Centers preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and application in computer/software.
- Ability to work independently and productively with all levels of staff. Ability to train all levels of staff.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations to facility leaders
- Must maintain current CPR certification.
1. Graduation from a college or university accredited by the Texas State Board of Nursing with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in nursing;
2. AND Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas (or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact)
3. PLUS Three (3) years of experience as a practicing registered nurse in a recognized health agency, hospital, or health-care facility;
Initial Selection Criteria:
1. Licensed by Texas Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact
2. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably in Nursing
3. Combined Years of Nursing Experience Greater Than 3 Years
4. Documentation of Computer Skill
5. Prior Quality Assurance monitoring experience
All applicants must pass: pre-employment drug screen, fingerprint criminal background check, and Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), Employee Misconduct Registry and Nurse/Aide Registry checks. Males between the ages of 18 – 25 must be registered with the Selective Service. All State Supported Living Center Employees are subject to Random Drug Testing.
Flexibility in work hours may be required for this position. The position may be required to work overtime and/or extended hours.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS employee service center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Req ID 221859
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 2 years ago